• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bogging/ plugged intake

the fix-it guy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
cottonwood,mn
Couple of my friends in our rid group are having bogging issues on deep powder days when snow piles on the flat intake screens. Is any one making a kit to address this issue.

hushpuff

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
I rode this past weekend on one of the deepest days in recent memory - I had a mountain of snow on top of my hood and intakes numerous times and did not have any bog. Very surprising as my G4 turbo suffers intake bog like crazy in the same situation. Are you sure it's intake bog and not exhaust bog? I had my exhaust plugged when coming to a stop which caused a bunch of trouble... but it wasn't due to lack of air IN.

FWIW I have the skidoo upgraded vent kit.

Last edited:

the fix-it guy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
cottonwood,mn
I believe stock. He did have dealer inspect the flapper, under the hood air is pretty warm when all the vents are covered and iced up.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
this guy tapes up all the intakes except the under hood one on his G4 and rides it no problem.

Last edited:

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
I’m going to guess this is an elevation thing by the sounds of it. I ride normally 10,500 and have the same bogging issue on 23 and 24 turbo R’s. The only solution I have found is keeping the left hand free to clear snow.

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Well that will do it at that elevation and deep snow.

Premium Features