• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black Hills... maybe some snow??

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
F

Firetrail

Nov 29, 2007
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Hello:

We got "zero" snow in the hills last night. Trails are still in good to very good condition. Off trail riding took a real hit though. Warm temps shrunk snow in a lot of areas and it has a crust on it as it thawed and now it is now quite cold again. Traffic was very heavy the last few days. The trails can be repaired by the groomers but only more snow can help the off trail and I do not see that in the real near forecast.

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
snowed up there a little this afternoon.. and looks like its going to the rest of the afternoon.. not much for accumulation.. but hey its better than nothing

G

Gone Sleddin

Nov 26, 2007
rode thursday friday saturday. had some good riding for sure, hadly anyone around thursday or friday.

seemed like alot more fenced off private property to the south then i remember from the last time i was there. been a couple of years

V
Nov 14, 2001
Huron, SD
rode thursday friday saturday. had some good riding for sure, hadly anyone around thursday or friday.

seemed like alot more fenced off private property to the south then i remember from the last time i was there. been a couple of years

Ya they have everything blocked off in the west to. Eventually it will only be trail riding in the hills as well it sucks. We use to ride west all the time. Not very many sledders headed that way ever so it was always good riding. Anyone know if accumulations are suppose to amount to much tomorrow?

moonshiner

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Yankton, SD
Hey, went out this weekend and had a great time. About 3-5 inches came down Friday night which made for some great conditions Saturday, we were all tempted to stay until tommorow but had to get back for work. The off trail riding was decent but we still found some stumps, luckily nothing broke! We are already looking forward to going again sometime! later

Premium Features