• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Turbo Setup For The Nytro

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
Mcx is out available and working 100% there are 5 on the snow up here already, how do those swedes always get the jump on the competition?????
:cool:

Rode a demo mcx and it has a burble down low not real bad more annoying than bad you can hear it but the performance is unreal

T
Nov 26, 2007
I am new to the turbo world, I have a mcxpress nitro, just fineshed it, you touch that throttle and it's gone, now I'll never be able to ride anything but turbo'd. :D

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
ive been considering goin blue here also, would love to here how the turbos work all year and maybe spring ill try and find a nytro, used or hold over and get her ready by next year.

G

GettnUnstuck

Dec 6, 2005
Prior Lake, MN
ive been considering goin blue here also, would love to here how the turbos work all year and maybe spring ill try and find a nytro, used or hold over and get her ready by next year.

There won't be any leftovers in spring, these sleds are way too much fun, even stock! W/ boost, Ear to ear smiles:)

R

Remmy

Dec 28, 2003
Are you trying to say a rear mount spools faster than a front or side mount turbo? :eek:

Last edited:
I

IRONMAN

Nov 26, 2007
Ever tried to measure the speed of the exhaust, and doesn't the exhaust move faster in a straight pipe, than in a angeled header, cracked or not?
:D

have you rode any kit other then mcx? Didnt think so or we wouldnt be havin this conversation. They are all good kits you ride what you think is best for you, i'll ride the best. LOL

Dec 1, 2007
livingston MT
from what i have heard it sounds like Mc express is working better than some of the other guys. but as far as a supercharger...MPI...i would wait and see if they have got it figured out.. i kinda dought it..i vote MC express

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
Just put an MCX on my Nytro. Must say that the throttle response is quicker than the MCX Apex. The lag is so minimal on all these things that I don't know why there is such a big deal made about it. All boost rocks on these 4 strokes...............but I still think my MC is the best :D
Did I mention the throttle response on the MCX Nytro :D

B

boosted1

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Dont rule out the Synergy kit boys, Mitch's install looks VERY nice on the Nytro, I am in the process of installing a Synergy on my Apex, waiting for the final install of tank and seat.
little birdie is telling me a lot of good things about this kit.
I was told I would have to ride it to believe the throttle response.
Going to Revy on Dec 12 hopefully the sled is ready to go

wish me luck!

B

T
Nov 27, 2007
Grande Prairie,AB
As far as a supercharger goes,It's AWSOME!! I installed it myself over a couple evenings,with very very good instructions i should add.MPI has really done their homework on this one,clean and simple install.Oh also the price was about half what a turbo would have cost me,I know I priced both out when I was wondering which way to go.I WOULD DO IT AGAIN IN A HEART BEAT.The only problem is I'm sad that the build was so easy to do,know I have nothing to do!!!Except hit the throttle and hang for dear life.This thing has instant throttle response and all the power I'll ever need.I'm climbing shoots I'd never even look at on my M7 with nos.And I'm climbing the shoot at half throttle bursts!!!! WOW!!! All you guys keep on waiting for your turbo's and your dealer to install them for you!!Until them I'll enjoy all the untracked snow all to myself!! Or step out of the box and install a super today and I'll ride with you tommorro!!!Either way any boost is better than NONE at ALL,So everyone have a great year and just be happy we can finally ride. NYTRO'S RULE!!! ESPECIALLY BOOSTED ONES!!!

T
Nov 28, 2007
Boliden, Sweden
Okey! about the lag on the rear mounts. now i have definetly not ridden all kits and turbos on the market but i have ridden an 06 apex with mcx 310 kit and 07 fuelmapping. i can not feel any lag compared to a stock engine and the power is oooooooooohhhh and smoooooth. sorry but me bad i cant say i feel the lag:confused: . compared to a sc i think it can be diffrent related to the anti lag possibilities of the sc. if there is any lag, the companies that produces turbos must be able somehow to show this. and with correct clutching i think any milli sec of lag can taken care of. i think the only time the rear mount boys have any agony or frustration over lag is when they read about it on the internet.
As far as witch kit to buy i have no idea. But i do know this: Mcx has been making turbos for a long time. Bikes with Mcx turbos have driven an babillion troublefree miles on the autobahn. I live in Sweden and all the other kits will be too spendy for me. I´m forced to buy the mcx kit and i don´t loose a second of sleep over it, can´t imagine why!!??:D :D

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
When I did my RX1 the math was easy.
The supercharger was almost 20 pounds heavier than stock-------
The LP turbo reduced the weight by 35 pounds over stock----------
So the old one tone came out of the shop with more power than the SC and
the 55 pound lighter weight was just icing on the cake.

I am not sure what the numbers are on the Apex or Nytro, but SC are usually heavy. ;) :eek: :) :p :D

T
Nov 27, 2007
Grande Prairie,AB
On a S/C the charger maybe 8-9lbs,intercooler is lighter than the stock air box.All other parts might be 5lbs at most. Minus all the parts taken off the stock machine during the install, basically evens everthing out!The biggest weight I took off was the muffler,installed a jardine pipe.so basically my sled should be lighter than a stock nytro only with 280 horses to go with it now.

Even if it is heavier which i doubt!! with 280 horses who cares.It'll go more places than I want to.

Premium Features