• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Tamer setup

titaniumbadger

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Pocatello, ID
My 2022 Summit X Turbo 165 is over revving quite a bit. Riding mostly in Island Park area, so 7k to 10k ft. elevation. Came from the factory on clicker 1 so no more adjustment there. I just picked up the Turbo Tamer kit from Riderz. The instructions have an initial setup for a stock sled like mine, but doesn't mention what altitude that setup is based on or what to expect for adjusting for different altitudes. It looks like their old instructions had different setup guidance. Anyone have any experience with these?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
You should probably call them and ask them. The doo turbo is supposed to compensate for altitude so the set up should be the the same with some fine tuning if you need it.

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
That has nothing to do with clutching. Friend had there set up and didn’t have any luck with it. Run dj’s on mine and love it. He has any combo figured out you could ever need.

titaniumbadger

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Pocatello, ID
That has nothing to do with clutching. Friend had there set up and didn’t have any luck with it. Run dj’s on mine and love it. He has any combo figured out you could ever need.
Thanks, I ran his kit on my last sled and it did work great. Unfortunately, I had invested in the full tool set to do the clutches on my XM and did all the work myself. That sled had multiple issues I was dealing with so ended up changing both springs, weights, and helix. This sled is working well except over revving. Was just trying to save some money vs a full kit and buying all new tools.

Premium Features