• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best spot to VRBO this winter?

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Would like to rent a place out west for 6-8 weeks this winter. Looking for area recommendations. Goal is to be able to ride pow as much as possible, and also get my wife some experience as she's never rode mountains.

I'm very experienced in terms of riding/wrenching/trailering/back country etc etc.

We also have three kids (home school) ages 8, 6 and 5 that are coming with. Would like to get them on a ski hill 1-2 times a week.

I have some ideas, but wondering what the community thinks b4 I go through my pros/cons.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Grand Lake, Colorado?

Lots of VRBO's here. Two ski areas fairly close, one large (Winter Park) and one small (Granby Ranch). Also other riding areas close by if you're willing to trailer an hour or two, Rabbit Ears, Vail Pass as well as many other lesser-known spots.
We're a little short on snow right now, but it's still pretty early. We almost always are riding good snow by Christmas.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Would like to rent a place out west for 6-8 weeks this winter. Looking for area recommendations. Goal is to be able to ride pow as much as possible, and also get my wife some experience as she's never rode mountains.

I'm very experienced in terms of riding/wrenching/trailering/back country etc etc.

We also have three kids (home school) ages 8, 6 and 5 that are coming with. Would like to get them on a ski hill 1-2 times a week.

I have some ideas, but wondering what the community thinks b4 I go through my pros/cons.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Im looking at riding north west of Dillon Montana. Ive taken family for weeks at a time at WEST Yellowstone. You cant go wrong on the North west of Montana / Idaho. Rent place near a river for less snow and ride in fresh alot

DGZRT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 16, 2009
McCall Idaho . My new Favorite place . You have Brundage and Tamarack ski resorts and awesome back country Snowmobiling. In a few hours you can go to Boise and ski Bogus mountain . Then go down to the valley and go golfing . If you like larger resorts there is always Sun Valley in Idaho . My daughter lives there and we ski , sled, and golf every March.

My daughter checking out an out door toilet! It was open for service but you had to climb down about 6 feet . I think there awesome resorts without the cost of Colorado. We use to go to Breckinridge CO. But now I have no reason ?

B7A50499-3AE8-42BC-983E-EE1B124EEBBF.jpeg 8A2A63C6-7450-41AA-A7D8-7CB49A935206.jpeg

Premium Features