• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best oil you will ever find, 2 or 4 stroke. Huge benefit's for turbos.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--yeah, show us a test using premium oils like redline, amsoil, etc. If the stuff works, great, I may get some but I would like to see it compare to other premium brands discussed.

---If the stuff compares well against other premium brands, then I hope whoever sells alot and does well

Last edited:

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
What the helI are you talking about (scheme), if you don't want it don't buy it. There are plenty of other option out there that work as it is, I just want the added benefits. Its also a helI of a lot cheaper. So where the F*ck is the sceme here.

I (and many others) have proven this stuff time and time again, Its the only oil that has shown a significant improvement and saved me lots of money. SO I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD PASS IT ALONG, TO HELP.

The only pyramid around here is the dunce cap on your head, or did I read your statement wrong.

Easy big fella. :boxing:

S
Jun 8, 2011
Why is it that all the "best" oil out there, is only sold in these odd pyramid scheme/marketing ploys?

We only have one level, a distributor/retail store as SFR manufacures from formulating to end product.

This oil is tested against Castrol conventional oil only? Any synthetic oil out there will outperform a conventional oil. That is all I saw, why not show me the test using Amsoil, Klotz or Redline?

Being in the oil business for over 20 years and a member of the Society of Tribologists let me share a few things with you on testing:

We have yet to find a finished lubricant on the market today that will go 20 weights on our timken test machine seen here: http://sfrcorp.com/demonstration/ including Amsoil, Klotz, Redline, Royal Purple, etc. The reason we use this machine and why our test results are shown against Castrol in the ASTM tests was because it was a highly recognized brand and outsold Amsoil and Redline. The test back when we ran it was over $100,000 so we don't have the luxury to test every motor oil out there. We use the tinken machine to pre-test motor oils.

Furthermore, right now the GF-5 motor oil tests cost $500,000 and CJ-4 for diesel is $1,500,000. These are the only recognized tests for motor oil, so they are both the highest and the lowest standard. They change the specification every 2-3 years. What this means is that a lot of the smaller companies selling motor oil will either buy motor oil from the larger companies (ExxonMobil, Shell) or buy pre-made additive packages from the additive giant Lubrizol and add it to their base stock. By doing this, they can skip running the expensive tests every 2-3 years and focus on marketing. Pennzoil for example, doesn't make their own motor oil anymore.

What is the end result out of all of this? Quite simply, that most motor oils perform the same. Since there is only one specification the large oil companies put just enough additives in the base oil to pass the test. For the smaller companies, they are buying it from the motor oil giants or using a pre-made additives packages so their oil is the same. If they were to put more additives in, they couldn't claim API certification.

Let's say for example, that we knew detergents were good for our engine and help control deposits and we wanted to add 30 times more than what they put in Mobil 1. We could do that, but we can't claim API certification unless we spend the $500,000 every 2-3 years. This is exactly what we do. We have superior products and any of our customers that have used it for any length of time know that.

This is mainly about motor oil but the same politics and testing applies with two-stroke oils.

For some more info on oil politics read this article:
http://blog.sfrcorp.com/2006/09/13/do-oil-additives-really-work/

We know some of you are very loyal to a particular brand of oil and don't want to start a competition between oils on this forum. If you want to know more about our products or have any questions please let us know. We wont be doing anymore comparisons of other oils in this thread.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
This thread should go here:
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=283

This thread has nothing to do with the new Arctic Cat sled chassis, and only exists in this sub-forum because the original poster wanted to get the most visibility to a product they are selling. The shameless bumping of the thread to increase its visibility is also pretty transparent.

Did you read the thread, as stated I don't care if I make a dime and don't plan on it. I put it here to help fellow riders, I spend more time on this part of the forum than anywhere else and everyone here knows me. As well many know that nearly all my post have real world and very helpful information (some are for fun). I could post this anywhere and most would go right past it, but the users that know me will appreciate what I am trying to do. With that said -- this some of the cheapest oil on the market and yet could be the best, so your more likely to save far more than I will ever make if any. Your the type of closed minded person I wouldn't even want you to try this product because I'm sure if it wasn't just perfect you would tear it down and degrade it when I am purely here to help. My goal in life is to help not push a product. One more thing, if someone is not located in my area I can't even sell to them, and there isn't enough people (in the two stroke world) around here to justify it as a profitable business, I want it for myself. On the other hand to run the sfr motor oil additive in a turbo system is like shooting yourself in the foot.

I agree this thread has changed a bit, but its because of interest and not because someone is trying to get rich.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
This oil is tested against Castrol conventional oil only? Any synthetic oil out there will outperform a conventional oil. That is all I saw, why not show me the test using Amsoil, Klotz or Redline? I would be willing to bet the results would be different, you're not comparing apples to apples. There are also numerous other tests the National Marine Auto Association, NMAA, conducts to rate an oils performance. Also, you stated you used it 15-years ago. How come the hype all the sudden? There just isn't enough information for me to "buy in" to this oil

I'm not saying the oil is bad. I, personally, wouldn't run it until I see all the tests the NMAA subjects an oil too and upon conclusion, rates it accordingly.

I'll stick to one of the oils I mentioned above.

Understandable, I'll see what I can do, but the only test I can do is on the machine you see in the vid-- will that suffice. The reason for the hype is when I used it way back I didn't have access to the full line, the only thing I used was the sfr-100. When I couldn't get it anymore I became a dealer to get for myself and anyone else that would like the benefit of it. Don't forget I have not ran the two stroke oil before and have not proven it in a motor, this thread was to inform anyone interested weather it is for motor oil or two stroke or whatever.

I have read all the other threads on oils and like redline or the manufacturers oils and yet I have never pushed any of them, but they always do the job, but the price and benefit of sfr is to good to not pass along. I have some others that are going to be running it in 2 stroke dirt bikes. I will let everyone know if you can visibly see a benefit.

Last edited:

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Originally this was intended to help save your "Turbo" bearings! If it does infact do this all the better to the end consumer! I for one know that there are additives that reduce friction considerably whether added to oil or permanently applied to interface surfaces between wearing components! Just take a piece of annealed 2.50" 2024 aluminum and expand it to 3.60" and see if synthetic motor oil will let it happen with a shallow taper, the answer is absolutely "NOT" But STP will! So what is the difference, viscosity, slipperyness, or just plain chemistry that allows a boundry layer to not fail? Too bad this all went sideways as I am one that likes to learn how to keep spinning, sliding and oscillating components from premature wear! This reminds me of some of the guy's at work "That aint goanna work" Well just stand back and let me show you how it is done!

Mike

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--I would just find it interesting to see the simple stacked weight test using popular, premium 2 stroke oils compared to SFR 2 stroke oil. I do not really need or care about the 1.5 million dollar scientific analysis. Just show me if the stuff is better in lubrication and burn than what is currently available and I'll consider buying it. --And more power to anyone selling it who makes a few bucks to support their family and/or have fun.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
--I would just find it interesting to see the simple stacked weight test using popular, premium 2 stroke oils compared to SFR 2 stroke oil. I do not really need or care about the 1.5 million dollar scientific analysis. Just show me if the stuff is better in lubrication and burn than what is currently available and I'll consider buying it. --And more power to anyone selling it who makes a few bucks to support their family and/or have fun.

I'm trying to figure out where the old tester we had years back is, if I find it I will test. The burn will be hard to tell because every sled runs different. It will also take a while to see if there is any build up on PV or etc... So far though I'm liking it.

Premium Features