• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bed time + A bet.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
I'm betting I get less sleep than a majority of you. I typically get up at 7:35 for 8:00 classes, have class/do hw all day besides an hour of lunch. 5-7 I work out, eat, and shower. Then around 9 I talk/skype with my girlfriend who goes to school in a different town for an hour. Then 10-2 I finish homework and study. Being a pre-pharmacy major with 17 credits is rather difficult and I'm hoping for a 3.94gpa this semester. Classes I take include chem112(this is by far the hardest and takes a majority of my time. my 1credit lab is usually 2-3hours long and the report takes anywhere between 2-6hours to complete and grading is rediculous even with all the time I put in I am barely getting a B in the lab), bio 101(the class average is a 62% I've got a 90%), a math class, english comp, a sociology 101 class, and a pharmacy class. Despite all this, I do still have quite a bit of time on the weekends to party, sleep in, and relax though!

Sounds to me like you are a freshman, it isn't hard yet.

Me I love my sleep. But heck when I was 23, 24, 25 I used to work third shift and not sleep for 36 hours plus routinely, trust me, there isn't enough caffeine in the world to let you keep up with no sleep. You might be able to function and work but trust me YOU WILL become the biggest most on edge prick imaginable.

Minten

Lifetime Membership
Nov 6, 2010
Bozeman, Montana
Didn't I read after they stopped grooming last spring you quit riding early because you physically couldn't take it. Maybe you should get some rest, or maybe spend those late nights working out.

I could do it. But it's my old man on his Kitty that couldn't take it. So if he doesn't want to go how am I supposed to make it up?

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Sounds to me like you are a freshman, it isn't hard yet.

Me I love my sleep. But heck when I was 23, 24, 25 I used to work third shift and not sleep for 36 hours plus routinely, trust me, there isn't enough caffeine in the world to let you keep up with no sleep. You might be able to function and work but trust me YOU WILL become the biggest most on edge prick imaginable.

Very true. But my first 2 years are definitely more stressful/difficult than most majors simply due to the competitive nature of the program. I need at least a 3.8gpa to have the best chance possible to get into pharmacy school, as well as community involvement(I'm president of my hall, and I visit an elderly home with my girlfriend on weekends). After my first 2 years I can finally start learning for the sake of learning instead of having to try to be the best so I can get a spot in school. At the beginning of freshman year over 250 kids were enrolled in the pharmacy program in my class. After only 1 semester we are already down under 200 kids :face-icon-small-ton. Only 70 kids are accepted into the program, and of those 70, 10 are typically from other schools, so at this point I gotta be better than 200 other students, but I'll bet that after next semester we will be down to under 150 students in the prepharmacy program.

Premium Features