• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Well THAT sucks!!!!!

C
Mar 15, 2018
Went for a ride on Saturday, nothing special just a bit of a ride locally with my son/DIL and a couple friends. Was climbing a hill and noticed that I was only getting 7200RPM. Got to the top and heard something that didn't sound right so I hopped off and took a look in the skid and found this. WTF???IMG_1255.JPG

So a friend and I took it apart and reassembled it as it should be and off I went. We were about to head back to the trucks anyway so I took it easy all the while wondering what caused it. Got home and unloaded the sled off the deck and into the shop and noticed that it looked like it was sitting low. Yup, it did it again. Of course when it would do that it would jam the shock between the top and bottom of the track and it tore the track all to h3ll. Called Tom's Snowmobile this morning to see why it was doing this and was told that there is a small teflon roller type affair that goes on the skid to prevent this from happening. I went out and looked and, sure enough, there it was....still on my '14 summit that I took the E-Motion out of. NOT impressed with myself. I don't know if I can get this season out of this track or not.
The end resultant carnage.

IMG_1258.JPG

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
Sorry to hear about that. It's always the worst when it's your own fault, there's no one else to be mad at!
Is there any damage through to the outside of the track? Are any of the rods broken or just frayed? I have a 120" track on my trail sled that looks similar to that when the torsion spring came off the holder and ran between the rails for a while. I filled all the holes with E6000 adhesive and have been running it for over 2000 miles without issues. Might be worth a try.

C
Mar 15, 2018
No damage on the outside and no apparent damage to the rods. I suspect that the material that is now missing on the back side of the rods will weaken the centre lugs and I may start to throw some. We will just have to ride it and see I guess. I will have to keep an eye put for someone Changi g out their 165 X 2.5" for a 3" maybe

Premium Features