• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BDX or timbersled intake?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
If you want timbersled junk, I'll shoot you a phone number of a guy who has one sitting on a shelf from switching to BD-X,

I have yet to see anything made by timberjunk that has met the quality that we expected. suspension, intake...bolts? how do you F up how bolts fit? they're impressive.

I'm sure he'd sell it way cheap.

S
Mar 17, 2009
airbox

Catman..I just put a K&N cone filter on top of my airbox and it rips...throttle response is so fast its sick..sled is so squirrely ..its sideways in a flash if the snows not deep enough.Cheap and easy.

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
I like the timbersled personally. It never gets clogged with snow like the bdx. 2 of my buddies were out with th me with bdx intakes and the snow clog was their only issue but otherwise good. Only issue with the timber is you can take in underhood heat which causes it to over fuel via efi. If you go with timbersled vent the pizzz outta it. I have the AC Cat vent on both hoods andboondocker gill side vents on both of my m's to vent the engine compartment.

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
I like the timbersled no issue's yet but i am sure both intakes are way better than stock, some people had issue's before with them with snow getting in but they fixed the problem with a seal between the face plate and the intake boot so i've been told, mine has the seal. Just make sure you seal your nose cone and not much snow will get in and use good venting, here's some pics installed.

pipe pics 001.jpg timbersled intake 003.jpg

Last edited:

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
We have three guys in our group with BDX kits and they love them! Just make sure you seal everything up including the plastic cover or the silencer cover what ever they call it!

Did have some problems with snow before running tape all around the edges of the cover, but since they have been in over the hood pow and no issue's!

KJP

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Im looking for an intake too, and am leaning towards the bdx, but can you still run over trees and brush with it, or will that poke holes in the prefilter screens on the bellypan?

B
Jan 5, 2008
NW CO
Bought the bdx first of this season for my M*, and love it. No troubles with the screen at all. Made a good difference. Only trouble I have noticed is in the REAL deep snow 2-3'+ it suchs hard for air until you get going. Well worth it.

Premium Features