• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BDX Injector Relocation kit ??

G

gp800

Sep 25, 2017
Has anybody tried one of these? What was your opinion of it ??
I've done one. as well as two other companies kits. I was not super thrilled with the 3D printed injector hold downs on the BDX kit but that would be the only complaint.

Solid Turbos

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 19, 2018
UTAH
I bought 4 of them to use on our turbo kits and the first one failed so I am stuck with the other 3. BDX 3D prints the injector holder and it isn't strong enough to hold the injectors in place. The injector popped out and sprayed fuel all over the motor. Solid is in the process of testing our injector relocate kit. You use your existing TB, the injector is mounted using screws and epoxy.

INJECTOR RELOCATE KIT.jpg

Anylizer

Lifetime Membership
May 17, 2005
Top 'O the Great Basin... almost
I bought 4 of them to use on our turbo kits and the first one failed so I am stuck with the other 3. BDX 3D prints the injector holder and it isn't strong enough to hold the injectors in place. The injector popped out and sprayed fuel all over the motor. Solid is in the process of testing our injector relocate kit. You use your existing TB, the injector is mounted using screws and epoxy.
I'm interested. I'll keep an eye out for more information.

G

gp800

Sep 25, 2017
Who's other kits did you use? Were those other kits better?
Boondocker and a speedwerx/cat race department. Of the 3 I think the speedwerx/cat kit was the cleanest and easiest install as it’s all new modified throttle bodies.

Anylizer

Lifetime Membership
May 17, 2005
Top 'O the Great Basin... almost
Boondocker and a speedwerx/cat race department. Of the 3 I think the speedwerx/cat kit was the cleanest and easiest install as it’s all new modified throttle bodies.
I don't see anything offered by Speedwerx, on their web page. It must have been a "special authorization" type of deal through the race dept.???

tenacious84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
I don't see anything offered by Speedwerx, on their web page. It must have been a "special authorization" type of deal through the race dept.???
you'll find it on the throttle body schematic page for the arctic cat snocross sleds for the last couple years. pretty sure speedwerx makes it for arctic cat.

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
Has anybody tried one of these? What was your opinion of it ??
You talking about this part??

I have it as part of my 900BB setup. Hard to say how much it did because I did at the same time as all the other improvements. Was a lot of work to relocate the fuel rail from the back to the front but we got it to work

Super 8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2012
Fuel Related;

April 13, 2023

Dear Valued Dealers,

You are hereby instructed to stop sale, effective immediately, on all Arctic Cat 8000 series snowmobiles including Mountain, ZR, and Riot from model year 2020 through 2023, regardless of vehicle identification number (VIN.) This is to inform you that these vehicles may contain a defect that could affect the safety of a person.

These vehicles were produced from January 2019 to November 11, 2022. The snap ring groove cut into the top of the fuel dampener is slightly oversized. The oversized groove can allow the snap ring to fall out, allowing fuel to leak, creating a potential fire hazard.

Arctic Cat Inc. is identifying and evaluating corrective measures to address this issue. Once the corrective action has been determined, a further update will be provided. Authorized dealers and service centers will be compensated for the parts and labor required to correct this issue upon filing a warranty claim.

Note that Arctic Cat Inc. will notify end-use owners by mail with instructions to contact an authorized Arctic Cat dealer or service center for repair. Customers will be instructed to stop using affected units until an authorized service is performed to correct the issue.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Fuel Related;

April 13, 2023

Dear Valued Dealers,

You are hereby instructed to stop sale, effective immediately, on all Arctic Cat 8000 series snowmobiles including Mountain, ZR, and Riot from model year 2020 through 2023, regardless of vehicle identification number (VIN.) This is to inform you that these vehicles may contain a defect that could affect the safety of a person.

These vehicles were produced from January 2019 to November 11, 2022. The snap ring groove cut into the top of the fuel dampener is slightly oversized. The oversized groove can allow the snap ring to fall out, allowing fuel to leak, creating a potential fire hazard.

Arctic Cat Inc. is identifying and evaluating corrective measures to address this issue. Once the corrective action has been determined, a further update will be provided. Authorized dealers and service centers will be compensated for the parts and labor required to correct this issue upon filing a warranty claim.

Note that Arctic Cat Inc. will notify end-use owners by mail with instructions to contact an authorized Arctic Cat dealer or service center for repair. Customers will be instructed to stop using affected units until an authorized service is performed to correct the issue.
Cat jumping on the Recall bandwagon with Polaris to generate interest in sales? Maybe they think recalls help Polaris sell sleds. Use the old adage of any publicity is better than none.

Premium Features