• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bca vest

kakwa climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Has anyone got any riding time with a Bca Avalanche vest? Looking at getting a vest and can't decide between a snow pulse or the Bca.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iquizy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
NWMN
I just got mine in the mail and it feels great in the living room. I'm 6' 170 lbs and if anything it is a hair big on me

skierh2o

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Spent a few days with mine so far and I love it!!

I used to wear a tekVest and abs pack, new set up with the BCA vest is cooler, more comfortable, more adjustable, and I find the biggest difference in comfort is using the external pockets on the BCA stops things from pressing or poking in to you vs my old set-up!

Being comfortable and safe makes the ride even more fun!!
A+

Ryan

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I have about six rides in so far this season, four with the BCA vest. I'm coming off of using a SnowPulse pack and trying my brothers Wary vest.

The BCA vest is the best fitting pack I've had. I was skeptical because it is a one size fits all, but once you snug it down, it is great. It does get hotter than a regular pack but that comes with the great fit and soft armor. It does stay cooler than the other vest I wore. I really like the fact that you can keep the beacon outside of your gear. I never liked having it at my chest level. You can also add a BC Link radio and hydration pack and have them integrate with the pack.

The bad things are simple and very easy to live with. My biggest complaint is that the front of the vest comes to a "v" and sometimes gets caught up on my mtn bar. Not enough of an issue to be concerned. Also, the storage is more limited than you might think. If you put too much in the pack it bulges into your back and doesn't ride good. But I can say that is good because I'm trying to reduce backpack load and keep as much as I can in the tunnel or dash bag. I just keep the shovel, probe and my zip lock of survival stuff (space blanket, lighters, TP, SPOT, etc) in the pack. The exterior shovel attachment is nice to keep the shove on the outside but it seemed like an afterthought. My particular shovel limits the pack storage even more when cinched down. I have to keep the handle in the pack or it smacks my helmet.

I'm being critical of the bad things because the pack is awesome! I recommend it based on the functionality, protection and price. Be a little cautious if you are a big person with a belly! You should try it on first.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
300 mt miles with it and wish the lower strap was more like a life vest so you could pull it down tight to keep it a bit lower. have the strap integrated in the bottom section of the vest, even with the one size fits all this will still work.

Premium Features