• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

baker groomer

R

rsamsel

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 21, 2011
We have a little of your problems over here in Montana but nothing like what I'm reading here. Over here grooming is funded by registration, a very small percentage of gas tax revenues, and a new trail use pass.

Our groomers are out in the evening starting at about 5:30 PM. The trail needs time to set up and it cant happen with sleds on it. In our particular area we groom about 300 miles of trails, some every couple weeks and a good portion weekly. The cat is on the snow Monday night through Thursday night and again Saturday night.

We have two local clubs operating a single Piston Bully 400 with two paid operators who are employees of the grooming association. We certainly don't get the traffic you guys do but our operators take pride in their work and our trails are smooth.

I guess I have a hard time understanding why the cats are out at 8:00 in the morning both from a safety stand point and an operational stand point.

Jon Seaman
King's Hill Grooming Association

Grew up in Great Falls....Kings Hill is like glass year round-groomed or not - compared to what we live with out here.

It was so peaceful to hit the giant, half full snopark on Kings Hill and have a bathroom and peace. Hit Showdown for a balcony burger and life was good. I get out maybe 3 times a year out here b/c it really is a struggle many days. I ride more in Montana than I do out here...its a totally different sport. I'll be in west for winter break (work in a school).

Have fun out there.
Rob

Premium Features