• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Babbitts online - BAD experience!

G
Apr 29, 2010
Anyone thinking of ordering parts from Babbitts online (or Polaris Parts House, or whatever they call themseles) THINK TWICE! I ordered some parts that will eventually take over three weeks to get. Part were backordered with no communication, I was given three bogus shipping dates over the phone, and emails were never answered. If I would have known up front about the delays I would have got the parts somewhere else and had them two weeks ago! Needless to say, I missed one sled trip and now have to spend $400 to rent a sled for the next one.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Babbitt's is a discount retailer. They are not fast. If you need it fast you should by all means order elsewhere but you will pay more

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
That sucks to hear.

I wonder what they'd say about this transaction too.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Ordered $345 for engine gaskets, bearings, etc. from Babbits. They charged my credit card immediately. 3 weeks later I get 2 out of 20 parts. No explanation just 2 measly parts in a box. 2 weeks later, 16 parts received along with a confusing invoice and shipping details. Still missing 2 parts over 5 weeks later. Called to inquire. Got lied to. The weather is holding things up( for 5 weeks?). It's Christmas time and shipping is slow(funny how I successfully sent all my Xmas presents to various location across the country and they all got there with no delay!).
I don't care if they are a discount parts house. There's no excuse for this service, no excuse for lying. They advertise cheap prices and absolutely suck at service. Disorganized. The $30 I saved caused me $100 in stress. I WILL NOT DO BUSINESS WITH BABBITS AGAIN!!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Why are you ordering Polaris or Cat parts anywhere but Oregon Trail Sports?

Call and ask for Michelle!

I've ordered a lot of things from Michelle over the years...things get here FAST!!!!!! Pricing is great also.

And you get service with a smile and a distinct personality (which may or may not include a butt-chewin'). HAHA :face-icon-small-ton

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
Just be prepared for language that'll turn your face red, definitely a unique experience, but good price and competent service.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I have spent thousands of dollars through babbits. It usually takes two to three weeks but save roughly $200 every $500 spent.
It is also a very useful tool for explaining parts ordered, did assembly, and most importantly re assembly.
Seems to always be a decent experience but I read the terms and conditions which explain the two+ week shipping

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
The slow shipping is not worth the discount to me unless it's summer. My local dealers get the parts faster or have them in stock.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

G
Apr 29, 2010
After doing a little research, I found that Babbitts has had qute a few complaints filed through the BBB about the same situation. Their prices weren't that great, I was lured by their claim of being "#1 Powersports dealer and the worlds largest parts dealer". I just assumed they would have the parts in stock. Stupid me.

Premium Features