• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AZ Riding Buddies

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
M
Jan 22, 2009
Phoenix
It's tough riding out here. When it snows, you just have to leave work and go because it may not be there in a few days.

DSCN2154.jpg

K
Feb 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
AZ Ride

We are arizona riders, have only riden in AZ one time but would love to find out more about places to ride.

We usually go to Colorado or Wyoming, in fact we are leaving for co on dec. 12th. Praying for more snow!!

We have talked about getting a snowmobile club started in az, maybe just to gather fellow riders in our state that share the same interest. If anyone is interested let me know.

Any other information on az riding would be great!!

skibob1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 18, 2007
central az
AZ Snow is comming Sun.-tues. morning

expecting 2' plus in munds park, will be riding Monday night - Tuesday all day than on Wednesday depending on conditions. the roads might not be closed yet so I will be riding my hidden stashes, all welcome Bob

skibob1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 18, 2007
central az
expecting 2' plus in munds park

expecting 2' plus in munds park, will be riding Monday night - Tuesday all day than on Wednesday depending on conditions. the roads might not be closed yet so I will be riding my hidden stashes, all welcome Bob

A
Mar 25, 2009
Big Lake Road Info needed

Since they paved the road to Big Lake this year are they still closing the road 1 mile south of the Sunrise turnoff at the snowmobile parking area like they have been doing for years. Anyone have any info on that? Unfortunately its going to be a whole new ballgame riding up there this year since they put a fence on both sides of the road almost all the way to Big Lake which is going to kill the boondocking unless there is a bunch of snow (over the fences) or unless the leave gates open (doubtful). If you have any inof please let me know. Thanks

Mike Herman
AKA: ArcticAzsnowman, AZsnowman and someother name I cant even remeber on Snowest. (I forgot my damn passwords thats why I have too many darn names.)

C
Sep 12, 2009
Also being a Flagstaff'er, I was pumped with this storm!!
I got all of 5 miles in before hitting a stump and breaking my lower a-arm!!!
I ordered up the new parts and I should up and going sometime next week.
When I'm up and going again, I'd like to find places to ride around town.
Also, I need to find other riders that don't have 20 year old sleds.

P
Nov 26, 2007
Hi Guys,

Went riding yesterday. We rode out of Mountainaire that is East of Kachina Village. We have a cabin there. We broke trail over to the 700 road and headed South towards Munds Park. The 700 is plowed from the Mountainaire trail head South about 3 miles. Not sure if the loggers will plow it all winter or if they just plowed it to remove their equipment but, it was down to dirt in some areas.

Where they stopped plowing we broke trail most of the way to Munds. Saw a couple snowmobile tracks on the 240. Snow was 2-3 feet deep at most.

I ride mostly with my wife and kids but, you are more then welcome to join us anytime. Send me a PM

BTW: I hit a stump, too! Broke my steering link. Part will be here by Tuesday.

PaverMaster

P
Nov 26, 2007
There is a new winter storm watch for Northern Arizona and Flagstaff. It starts Tuesday night. 6500 feet and above due more snow, which I am sure we need after temps. in the high 40's last week. Gonna try and get up there day after Christmas.

Peace,

PaverMaster

P
Dec 15, 2008
Show Low,AZ
White Mountains AZ

I live in Show Low and the Sledding in the area is real good, Around Sunrise ski resort and Geen peak area,We have been unloading behind the Pinetop Country Club and riding from there. Lots of roads and trails between the roads. No groomed trails, There aren't to may hills but a lot of Boondocking
It is a hidden good time on a sled
Hope this helps

Premium Features