• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS to MATRYX shocks??

D

DuncanSteel

Banned
Nov 8, 2022
Alaska
Hey so what'd we ever learn on this subject? I found another thread but 50% said yes the other 50% said no. I just bought my Matryx and I have the Burandt series floats and absolutely love them. From what I can see on google and youtube (I'm out of town at the moment) I don't really see anything that would prevent a direct swap, they essentially look the same except for the Axys the upper bogies are all the way outside and the Matryx they're inside, hard to tell but looks like you could easily move the wheels to the outside. Anyone else done this?

Mxracer39

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2014
Maine
I have a set of Exit x1 shocks that were on my ‘21 Axys Pro 155. I swapped them to my ‘22 Matryx Pro 155 and they fit and work fine.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Your shocks have the res mounted on the side or underneath?
Some 22’s got the new rear torque arm some did not.

Axys shock work on some.

All depends on if the rear upper bogies are inboard (new) or outboard (old style)

Also it was only the dual resi air shocks that had a conflict with the bogies.

Just swap your old torque arm onto the new sled.

Last edited:

Mxracer39

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2014
Maine
This is how they were mounted on my Axys. I will snap a pic when I can of how they look on Matryx
E4DB3C1C-AAB0-4A4B-9FC3-D75370EAACC8.jpeg

D

DuncanSteel

Banned
Nov 8, 2022
Alaska
Some 22’s got the new rear torque arm some did not.

Axys shock work on some.

All depends on if the rear upper bogies are inboard (new) or outboard (old style)

Also it was only the dual resi air shocks that had a conflict with the bogies.

Just swap your old torque arm onto the new sled.
That's good to know, I was kind of getting that impression from what I've seen but I thought maybe I was missing something but hey that works fine cause I was gonna put the shocks from the new sled on the old one so if that's the case Ill just swap the arm to.

D

DuncanSteel

Banned
Nov 8, 2022
Alaska
This is how they were mounted on my Axys. I will snap a pic when I can of how they look on Matryx
View attachment 402110
Sweet yeah that looks about like my AXYS, Like the other fella said I guess they did it on some and not on the others for 22 so hopefully I get one that did not get changed but I have upper and lower resi so if I get the narrow one ill just swap the arm but yeah post a pic I'm curious of what kind of spacing the inner has

Premium Features