• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Average Joe take on the Matryx Pro/Kahos, N/A or Boost.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
We get snow like that 10-15 times a year, hence a turbo for 0-4000'.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Went for a "quick ride" in our record-level snowfall yesterday - turned into a full tank, well after dark ride with headlamps type ride. We got a conservative 3 feet in 18 hours - both in-town and on the mountain, it was absolutely wild. It was fairly cold out as well, so nice dry stuff. The photo is right on a road/trail, and the snow was that deep for the entire ride.

Khaos 165 NA box stock - I will confidently declare the deep snow performance on these new Slash sleds is no joke - the best I have ridden hands down. Everyone's main sled concern these days seems to be what does the best bowties or whatever - this guy still likes deep AF snow where the main "trick" is breaking trail while avoiding landing yourself in a 2 hour stuck. This sled is an absolute unit for that application by any definition or comparison. Compared to even early Axys chassis sleds, the difference in the deep is amazing - it just wants to keep going and found traction in situations I did not expect to get away with. I'll also 2nd my claim from earlier that the motor feels very strong - maybe it's just better power transfer through the new driver setup - ? Not sure...but it hauls and sounds very happy at full chat. Even in this deep stuff, you really don't "need" it full pin the vast majority of the time, which attests to how well the track/driveline/chassis is working to keep the sled up in the snow. I don't know if it's a heavy thumb keep things warm or what, but I never had any belt slip even though the sled was underneath the snow for hours. The OEM suspension settings that I commented were not as "playful" as possible, where on-point for mega-pow, where you definitely don't want a wheelie/trenchy setup.

No issues or glitches the entire time, just one the most ridiculous rides I've ever been on never left the road/trail. The biggest challenges were keeping airflow to both the sled vents, and more-so to my face/lungs LOL
Were you having more intake plugging issues than say the Axys? Just curious, some have been complaining. I rode an Alpha in deep snow a couple years ago, and the intake was terrible- bad enough that I wouldn’t buy one had I been interested.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Had an Axys along, I would say the Matryx seemed slightly less prone to an intake-plugged-bog if I had to guess? Didn't notice a substantial difference or any issues there. Both riders know the program and were dusting of the vents every time we stopped and while riding....maybe if someone was expecting to not clean vents in those conditions they would be disappointed? Not sure. It just gone with the territory on every sled I've ever ridden in truly deep early season snow.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
My 19 alpha sucked
My 20 actually ran
Hmmm… feel like it wouldn’t have made a difference whether it was a 19 or 20. Snow would come over the hood and land flat on the intake, gravity just isn’t your friend with that design. I’ve got no problem doing quick swipes of the intake while on the go, but it was REALLY bad… and not a snow ingestion issue, I’m aware that they excel at that as well, lol.

Didn’t mean to derail. Just feel like I have seen more intake complaints than with the Axys.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
My 19 was almost unrideable in deep snow. The only difference was 165 on 19 and 154 and elevate on 20. No idea but 20 never did it. One storm last year that was equal to what the 19 was unrideable in. Only one storm the 19 would'nt run in. Super deep

Premium Features