• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Av gas

liv2play

Premium Member
Apr 14, 2009
utah
Anyone been running av gas from the Spanish fork airport? I ran it all last year with no problems. Ran it yesterday and I believe I had some detonation. On a long pull my check engine light would come on. Need to have the dealer read the code still but det is my first thought. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same.

Nitron135

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2009
I have run Av gas from Spanish in the past (mostly in air planes) but not lately. Still I would find it hard to believe it was detonation you were experiencing with av gas being 100 octane. Let us know what the codes come back as I definitely want to know if there is a problem with the fuel at the airport.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Fuel at airports is the most tested and controlled fuel there is. If bad gas gets in planes then they can fall out of the sky and that is frowned on by lots of people.

I won't say it's impossible, but it's very nearly impossible.

sled_guy

liv2play

Premium Member
Apr 14, 2009
utah
Spark plugs are tight. Double checked them tonight. I drained the old fuel out to start with fresh for the year. I agree with you guys on av gas being high quality or it wouldn't be run In planes... I know wouldn't want to be in the air if my plane didn't like the fuel I gave it!! Powder was covering my gauge when it beeped at me so I couldnt see what my egt's were at that moment. I never saw anything over 1250 when I did see the gauge on climbs. Still going to take it to dealer to read the code. Im going to add alittle more av gas next ride out to see if that makes he sled a little more happy. Just hoping no damage has been done internially if it was really detonation. Was hoing to scope the cylinders tonight but my kids needed some dad time so bopefully tomorrow.Thanks for the suggestions so far.

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
Anyone been running av gas from the Spanish fork airport? I ran it all last year with no problems. Ran it yesterday and I believe I had some detonation. On a long pull my check engine light would come on. Need to have the dealer read the code still but det is my first thought. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same.

I am running it from Spanish and I bought it a few weeks ago. Running strong 14 psi at 50 to 50 mix. It's not the avgas.

Premium Features