• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat Snow Bike?

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
they released the 2 sleds then had some music la te da then the bike raised up out of the trailer till u could just see it was a snow bike revved it up and then lowered it just as quick .
obviously a proto just a dick tease but still better buzz than anything they have in there booth.

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado

It's obvious that this "display" is NOT a dedicated "turnkey" snowbike... but rather an bike with a "kit" mockup.

And if it was just a kit, why put it on a sherco? Does timbersled even make a kit for them? Is there a big market for a kit for them?

Oh I'll answer both those questions. No.

Some sincere questions.

Was this bike ever brought down to street level and put on display for the public?

Did Arctic Cat, at any time during HayDays, actually display and talk about this snowbike INSIDE of their booth... or answer, Officially, any questions about the bike that is stuck on the top of the display??

When an actual Arctic Cat employee, in the booth, was asked "Hey... what's that snowbike on the roof with the Arctic Cat decals on it?"... what was the official reply?

I'll disagree with you on this not being a turn key bike. I'm curious why you say it's so obviously not one?

Last edited:

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
Because if it was a kit they would have paired it with a more popular bike. Like a ktm or yammi. The reason I say turn key also is because they actually mentioned the engine size. If it was a kit there would be no need to do so as the bike is supplied by the consumer.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Because if it was a kit they would have paired it with a more popular bike. Like a ktm or yammi. The reason I say turn key also is because they actually mentioned the engine size. If it was a kit there would be no need to do so as the bike is supplied by the consumer.

Sincere question... meant in good nature.

Where or Who "mentioned" the engine size?

The only mention that I see is on FaceBook from the Cat Dealer "Country Cat"... nothing in the way of an official statement from Arctic Cat.

Now Don't get me wrong... I'd love to see this "concept" offered as a Dedicated, snow only, turn-key machine.... from ANY manufacture!!

It is also possible that they paired with, what seems to be, a Sherco... for the exact reason that most people out there would NOT recognize it... and provide even more speculation.

Last edited:

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Not using a more main stream bike to start with probably creates less conflict with their dealers that carry another bike line in the summer time

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
plenty of kits out there.
but more guys with no interest in buying a toy that cost more than a sled when all said and done. then tearing it apart voiding all warranty not to mention the legions of guys who don't even know what a torque wrench is and have no ability to do the job .let alone fix one when they have issues. if they do manage to order one have there buddy build it now they have no local support to fix. this makes it a lot more appealing to a large swath of guys

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
Sincere question... meant in good nature.

Where or Who "mentioned" the engine size?

The only mention that I see is on FaceBook from the Cat Dealer "Country Cat"... nothing in the way of an official statement from Arctic Cat.

Now Don't get me wrong... I'd love to see this "concept" offered as a Dedicated, snow only, turn-key machine.... from ANY manufacture!!

It is also possible that they paired with, what seems to be, a Sherco... for the exact reason that most people out there would NOT recognize it... and provide even more speculation.

The people that I've texted and talked to that were there said it was unveiled as the "svx450"

One thing I will agree with is that using the word dedicated is a stretch. I would imagine that if its sold as a turn key snowbike it will have an accessory package available to go back to a summer bike.

Continue the speculation.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
mh has me doubting.LOL
could be svx450 is a kit with big paddles and a possible svx 250 kit smaller paddles.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
I was standing there watching and walked away after the race sleds came out. Was thirsty and bored, beer sounded better. Great first time experience but pulled the rip cord a little early, oh well ran right into Burandt afterwards so all was good! The other guy that stayed confirmed it was that French 450!

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Entire branded snow bike to be sold through cat dealers.

Not a coincidence, Poo buys Klim, Cat buys Motorfist, Poo buys Timbersled, Cat offers a snow bike, with a yammy connection, and a partnership like yammy. Cat is trying to expand it's footprint again without committing too much capital.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
From what I have been told it's a full cat snow bike, no kit. Models will be on the snow late winter for demo rides and spring snow check and 2017 model year.

T

Trax 2 Treadz

May 14, 2009
Medicine Hat, AB
www.trax2treadz.com
The very little I can find on what Arctic Cat has said about the snowbike:

Arctic Cat has been very forward with their company vision to deliver “The Ultimate Off-Road Riding Experience”. Keeping true to our commitment, a new Snow Vehicle was unveiled at Haydays providing a glimpse into the future. Brad Darling, VP/GM – Snowmobile, PG&A, and International Sales stated, “The suspension system on our new snow vehicle has been a joint project with Camso for the past three years. Darling went on to say, It’s Arctic Cat’s goal to provide a new riding experience to a category of snow lovers that want the lightest, most affordable vehicle for the mountain market. Announcing the Arctic Cat SVX 450 and you can expect further details in the coming months!”

Premium Features