• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

More Arctic Cat Demo Days!

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Just came back from 858 demo in Revelstoke. Rode 3 different 858s and was very impressed with all of them. Conditions we had favoured the 2.6 track. 3" tended to wash and not give as much traction. Lucky to have been in first group to hit the bowl when there was still fresh (8-10") snow. Chassis works great and Alpha almost feels like twin rail here. Power is smooth and lots of bottom end. Top end is very good over the 800. I brought my 1000 and a stock Ctec 800 for comparison and power is in the middle of them. Seat is perfect in my opinion for sitting and standing. Definitely will be considering one of these in future.

go-on-two

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
bc canada
I also enjoyed running the 858's around on Frisby mountain, sleds felt good. Seating position was perfect, engines felt good and the clutching seemed good as well. The down hill clutch braking was amazing on the 3" Snow was okay, a few inches of fresh snow on a solid base so definitly didn't get the powder feeling going!! AC Snow division Manager Andy Beavis was there and a pleasure to chat with and answer any questions...Nice to talk with the Irmen brothers as well and chatting about there Jackson hole weekend, super nice young lads!!
Shout out to Rory from Shuswapxtreme for suppling a sled to go up the hill for the test ride, bravo..

go-on-two

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
bc canada
You bet, but it felt like braking after doing some clutch work not stock. The sled also had noticeable vibration from the 3" track, thats about the only thing negative i really have to say about sled.

Premium Features