• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat "Catalyst" (All I am allowed to share)

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
I think a 600 is good for a lot of riders. 8-850 good for the harder core chasing powder riders , 850 turbo more than most people’s talent. ?

WhiskeyTee

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2013
Utah
I have gone from “definitely ordering” to “maybe order” to “wait til next year” more times than I can remember in the last few weeks.
Got a good quote from my go to Cat dealer.
If I order, will keep my current sled for awhile just in case.

WhiskeyTee

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2013
Utah
Truth is spoken!
I know I am in the first group!
Many riders I see are in the third group even tho they are riding a sled from the second group?
I think a 600 is good for a lot of riders. 8-850 good for the harder core chasing powder riders , 850 turbo more than most people’s talent. ?

Last edited:

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
the cat might be more in that second group. go to the others sites and build the most capable 600 class you can. not same level id bet good money on any deep day. too bad cat went cheap on shocks now. must mean theyre pretty confident on the ride quality i guess. floats would have been ? tho.

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
My daughters 2016 153 2.6 600 ctec cat hauls me around very well. I’m 6’5” 240 with gear.
This catalyst would be quite a bit ahead of our 16. I’d really like to get one but not in the cards this year.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
A/C is asking us to order site unseen and never having rode one, to me that is asking a lot. I personally need to ride it before laying down 18-20 K. They talked about demo rides but they are to limited. In the past my dealer got the sled and you could take it for a weekend. Its hard to get a feel for something new in a short ride. I like everything I have seen about the Catalyst so far but I want to see the weight and I need to ride it before I buy.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
A/C is asking us to order site unseen and never having rode one, to me that is asking a lot. I personally need to ride it before laying down 18-20 K. They talked about demo rides but they are to limited. In the past my dealer got the sled and you could take it for a weekend. Its hard to get a feel for something new in a short ride. I like everything I have seen about the Catalyst so far but I want to see the weight and I need to ride it before I buy.
Once upon a time demo rides weren't even a thing and people had to buy without riding. A lot of dealer demos are sleds they have to buy, let customers ride out of the goodness of their hearts hoping to sell sleds without a lawsuit, then re-sell them. No dealers left = no demos.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
My daughter got hers as long as her dirtbag dad pays for it. Wasn't sure how limited or how it would shake out. Estart 146 with 2.6 track. She wants a wrap so i got the black one

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Once upon a time demo rides weren't even a thing and people had to buy without riding. A lot of dealer demos are sleds they have to buy, let customers ride out of the goodness of their hearts hoping to sell sleds without a lawsuit, then re-sell them. No dealers left = no demos.
I hear you and agree but times have changed and when something this new is introduced it would be nice to try before you buy. But most likely A/C will sell all they can produce so it won’t really matter.

Premium Features