• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone know conditions on i90, Baker, Stevens

Duzzi

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2013
How are the conditions out toward I-90

Stampede, Salmon La Sac, Blewett Area?

Baker?

Stevens Pass?

I know its snowing right now and AVY danger went down to moderate. I'm wondering if there is a crust layer again and what is most bang for the buck.

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
Snoqualmie ski area is reporting about the same. 4 to 6 inches on top of a good crust. Alpental was closed I think most of the day yesterday because it was too icy which means the crust is at higher elevation also. I am not reporting from first-hand experience just what I've been watching

W
Dec 25, 2011
index wa
Top of Blewett?

Haven't made it to the top of blewit but the bottom end has a solid 1/2" of pure ice crust, not frozen snow but the clear ice.

Any reports if its any better at the top of table or teanaway?

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Was in Cooper today, and the snow is awful. Went home early. 4-5' base with 2 feet of fluff with 3" of white asphalt and a few inches on top. It is going to make for some serious avy conditions in the future. Unless your just riding trails, its not worth the gas.

Hotchief

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2005
Normandy Park, WA
It sucks.
Went to Gold Creek yesterday, of course it was not groomed & the routes were whooped up.
The snow was horrible. There was a 4" ice crust on top of the snow and the sled wouldn't break through it was so thick.
Difficult to turn the skis and the track slipped all over the place.
We along with many others bailed and were back at the rigs by 11am.

Duzzi

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2013
Baker Update:
Was decent only in the trees as of 2-11-2017

Had to be on the hunt for some powder / concrete

Premium Features