• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone Building a New Viper/Cat 7000??

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Have my cat 7000 XF ordered, probably won't see it until September. It'll get the verticals post, narrow arms, 162 skid and cat 162 tunnel ext., not sure which track yet. I'll use my diamond S hood from my 1100t, WRP seat and lite weight battery. MPI turbo kit. Hopefully have it all together for the first snowfall.

B
Dec 5, 2010
For those who ordered a xf7000, why did you get the cat Instead of the yamaha? Why would you want their clutches versus the tried and true yamaha clutch setup that's bullet proof! Just wondering

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
For those who ordered a xf7000, why did you get the cat Instead of the yamaha? Why would you want their clutches versus the tried and true yamaha clutch setup that's bullet proof! Just wondering

Dealer service mainly.
The local Cat dealer is 20 min from my house and are good guys to deal with, while the Yamaha dealers in my area no longer sell sleds.

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
Both my Yamaha and Cat dealers are telling me that I'll be lucky if I get one. Guess nearly all were allocated to the east? I ordered from both. We will see what happens.

R

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Oct 28, 2010
Swift Current,SK
We will definitely be building some.should be Much less $$$$ to build one of these vs. the Nytro. And the chassis rocks. My only concern is chain case. Time will tell. Anyone want an overpriced 2011 MCX Apex 174 with EPS?! Lol. No? Damn... -Cody

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
No I'm sticking with the nytro chassis with CR goodies. I' ll wait for an original from Yamaha, not a copy cat.

X2.... Even though I REALLY REALLY want a new ride I'll be sticking with the old Nytro chassis! I do like the 1100T chassis but I don't want a 1/2 breed.

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
Same here been itchin to build a new one but will wait and ride the nytro one more year an see if the mountain max or whatever they call it comes out

calltrex

Premium Member
Apr 17, 2013
alberta

I got the xf7000. Dealers is couple doors down from my work

yamaha tend to charge more for parts also

was at dealer today. My XF7000 was shipped Sept 30. 4 days ago

didnt know they did the cat versions before the vipers till today

thinking about boostit kit for next yr if its reliable.

Last edited:
L

lcc

Apr 25, 2008
I know we will be building at least four for the hillclimbers boosted and also building four for the improve class naturally aspirated, after some testing late in the year, We found that this chassis with yamaha power is going to rock.
first one we built using components off of one of our other nytros felt like it had 20% more power, we will be narrowing them up and using some carbon components from Patrick Custom Carbon. We are way excited about the coming year.

B
Dec 18, 2007
Just to eliminate confusion I opened the box on the first production MCX viper turbo kit today and the 270 will in fact have a Mitsubishi 19t turbo. The first small shipment going out to various dealers with early deposits with the exception of one for myself. Fit and finish at MCX gets better every year and the viper kit is extremely clean. I will post pics of the build as it progresses (as soon as the machine arrives that is). The finished product will be a 174 viper with a few goodies. Larger shipment in packaging now but with a ton of deposits the kits will be scarce for some time yet. Contact your local MCX dealer for more info in availability or you can call me direct. (250) 640-9333 cheers! Landon

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
Excellent

Just to eliminate confusion I opened the box on the first production MCX viper turbo kit today and the 270 will in fact have a Mitsubishi 19t turbo. The first small shipment going out to various dealers with early deposits with the exception of one for myself. Fit and finish at MCX gets better every year and the viper kit is extremely clean. I will post pics of the build as it progresses (as soon as the machine arrives that is). The finished product will be a 174 viper with a few goodies. Larger shipment in packaging now but with a ton of deposits the kits will be scarce for some time yet. Contact your local MCX dealer for more info in availability or you can call me direct. (250) 640-9333 cheers! Landon

Excellent news indeed, we are looking forward to doing up a couple of MC Xpress Vipers as well for customers. Should make for an awesome sled.

Premium Features