• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any rumours?

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
must be a poo thing.doos can go 3000 and still hold same compresson.

3000 trail miles.... Sure.

3000 miles in the deep, spinning a 16" wide 154, 163, 174?...doubt it.

To be clear, my point isn't Polaris vs SkiDoo vs AC vs Yamaha. My point is high performance 800 two strokes take money to run.

The sooner you realize (and come to accept) this sport burns money, the happier and more satisfied you will be-- REGARDLESS of brand choice.

Last edited:

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
My 2009 xp had 3800 miles when I sold it and it was still running real good. Compression was 130 on both sides. Stock top and bottom and I rode the hell out of it in the mountains. I don't like trails at all so I would always jump off the trail as soon as the snow is good enough so 3-8 miles of trail in a 50 mile day. I've seen arctic cats go 5000 miles on a mountain sled that got rode hard in the mountains so I know 1200 is not that many.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Well Murph I am not a motorhead. I really wish I was. That would cut the cost of rebuild down to about $400.00. That's tolerable. I wish I got your miles on my sleds too! We are lucky to get 800 tops in a season. That's with 1 week at Seeley Lake and 2 days at Yellowstone. Add in 50 to 60 mile days 2 or 3 times a month and that's it. That's why I am less than impressed. I would love a 4 stroke if you can build one that has 170 hp at elevation and weighs 470#. I'll take two. :). I just believe that Ski-doo and Cat have had better motors. Not necessarily better chassis. I can wrench on a chassis or swap out parts and such. I just don't do motors. Not within my skill set.

Sunvang: That is actually a cleverly done RKT 860 kit in a dealer sled. Dealer had custom decals made. I researched it for about an hour yesterday :-(

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
...or just BS. Man I wish somebody that really knew something or saw something, and not while eating wild mushrooms, would chime in with some real information.

The 880 rumor was started by an interesting party. If I am correct they are a "platinum" member dealer in the Doo circle of royalty, so they would have a lot to lose by revealing something true about the 2016 sleds. So I think its false.

SASKTOOLMAN

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2013
CANADA
What about last year at this time. A 174" in all black with a 3" track, manta green rails and accents. It was all the rage and speculation..... Then boom! T3 is available.

146" renegade with r motion

3" option on a freeride

Irondog will be a snowcheck available sled

154" t3

Those are my predictions!

Week to go and we will know for sure. Or fly to vegas and hang out this week while they set up the dealer show and see if you can sneak a peak!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features