• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any Long Track Rider out there?

Nothing but off trail powder riding and boondocking here in the Keweenaw Peninsula. 170 inches so far this year with 32 inches on the ground. The backcountry is getting more and more crowded, but there early bird gets the first tracks.

Ult680

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Ada, MI
There is a small group of us from the lower that ride long tracks. We ride in the Cadillac area when snow is good other wise head to the Western UP. For us its faster and better riding in northern Ontario. We try and make a few trips a year there and a few to the western end.

We base most our riding on crosscountry and bush riding, the tail is just no fun!

I am riding a 144 Attak this year.

Jeff

T
Nov 28, 2007
michigan
put on about 110 miles this weekend riding out of whitefish point in the UP, like said before it was all hero snow hard as a rock, didn't even ride sunday, I would rather sit in my bean bag nekkid eating cheeto's then ride on that stuff again LOL!

YOOPERREV

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Negaunee, Mi
Feb 2nd and Feb 3rd 151 Summit X 4 good stucks snow over hood where we were riding! 136 Renagade X 1.75, 9 stucks!!!! firecat with 1.5 too many to count like i said before if you get into the far back country of the U.P. there is great riding to be found this time we were between Toivola and Tapiola there are no trails within 20 miles all VIRGIN riding and the snow was over 40" in the bush when you stood up.

M
Jan 20, 2008
So what is it guys...worth the drive up from the cities to ride???? Some say hard snow/icy???? Another say deep snow getting stuck???? If trails are icy i kinda worried about not gettin enough lubrication. Please let me know.

Y
Jan 29, 2008
Newberry, MI
I was out this past Friday. As others have stated, there is hero snow everywhere in the woods north of Newberry, you could go anywhere you wanted to. Trails, the ones I did travel, were in good to very good condition. We had a few inches of snow on Monday evening, so if you're looking to trail ride, I'm sure you will be happy with the conditions, didn't run across any hard-pack ice. I think the deep stuff is on the West end. The blizzard we got a week ago didn't dump much snow with it, just made everything over here wind-blown hardpack.

Last edited:
B
Snow is good in the Bessemer area. Nothing hard or that in the fields or logging trails. If your a trail rider the trails are in awesome condition........even though I don't ride them. Seems like the more east i ride the less snow. But all in all i'm havin' fun hitting the pow-pow with the 151" RMK.

FUZZY7004

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
NORTHWEST IOWA
UP

Im Leaving For The Up Tommow Night,staying In Twin Lakes And Riding North.. Never Been Up There Before....hope To Have A Great Time Up There And Try Some New Riding Out

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
I live in Duluth, but ride the UP

200hp, 1000cc lightweight King Cat with a 162'' and a 2 1/2'' paddle. The UP off trails is where it's at, when I can't get out West. For day trips I go to Wakefield to Mass City areas. For longer trips Houghton. Almost all off trail.

Owen

Feb 12, 2008
da UP eh
i usually ride in the peshekee area and around ishpeming, good snow usually, way better terrain around munising though. I ride a 98 zr600 with a paddle track. takes me where i need to go. little more nimble in the powder around here for those unexpected rocks or stumps, or the occasional tree

Premium Features