• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

another broken shaft

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
I'd think that I'd buy someone a lot of beer and let me borrow and haul in someone else's shaft to ride out with

trees happen

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2008
Anywhere there's snow
Towed my m7 with locked up diamond drive my fault for never checking oil just ridin expensive lessen. But anyway towed it out with the track locked up with my 2000 mtn.max ridin double the trick is gettin started if you try from dead stop you just dig in but if fou have your buddy lift the track of the towed sled off the ground just to get movin then creep along so he can hop on the tow sled once I hit the trail we were doin like 30mph down the trail it was funny it towed like a perfect trailer just enough friction from locked up track that it would not run into the back of the mtn.max even braking for corners was pretty cool.:face-icon-small-hap

Carbon77

Lifetime Membership
Jun 12, 2008
Yakivegas, WA
Towed my m7 with locked up diamond drive my fault for never checking oil just ridin expensive lessen. But anyway towed it out with the track locked up with my 2000 mtn.max ridin double the trick is gettin started if you try from dead stop you just dig in but if fou have your buddy lift the track of the towed sled off the ground just to get movin then creep along so he can hop on the tow sled once I hit the trail we were doin like 30mph down the trail it was funny it towed like a perfect trailer just enough friction from locked up track that it would not run into the back of the mtn.max even braking for corners was pretty cool.:face-icon-small-hap
I would have loved to see that! Sorry hahaha.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Couple of grand I doubt. Used to be able to get them flown out of Revy area to the snow park for around $350. Even around Bellingham area it ran less than $500 I believe. Probably depends on where or how close the copter is coming from I'm sure too.

What was the cost of that? Had to be a couple grand. I would of towed it out for half :)

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
Phone number of that service would be great! I am gonna use a sharpie on the hood so my cousin knows who to call!:face-icon-small-coo

F
Dec 11, 2009
i was with this guy when it happened. the belt broke so a buddy had a spare in the trailer, he rode back and got it. after we changed the belt the shaft broke! tried to tow it just to steep to do so already dark by that time didnt get back to the trailer till about 8:30. chopper cost a $1000 bucks i heard

I
Nov 5, 2012
Towed my m7 with locked up diamond drive my fault for never checking oil just ridin expensive lessen.

Probably wouldn't have mattered if you changed the oil or not in the diamond drive if it is from 2008 to 2011. The chinese POS bearing in mine was shredded after 200 miles from new, first season. Have a nice Swiss made double bearing in there now and 1000 more miles on it no problems.

J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
Couple of grand I doubt. Used to be able to get them flown out of Revy area to the snow park for around $350. Even around Bellingham area it ran less than $500 I believe. Probably depends on where or how close the copter is coming from I'm sure too.

revy is now 500 and they choppers are at the bottom of the hill. Where they coming from for cle elum. im still betting closer to 2gs

B

beans

Nov 27, 2007
Preston, WA
I had my sled lifted off Frisby in December for $500

I hope someone can provide a # for a chopper service in the upper county.

With all the guys still trying to take they're Pros into the backcountry the choppers will be busy this year.

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
fastrax has made a drive shaft that is a replacement that he made.

150977_399276443490657_1788023007_n1_zpsdde043cb.jpg

blindman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
chopper

r 44

sketchy lifting that sled at altitude..with a piston powered chopper..or do some of the robinsons run on kerosene?? if no turbine then may be just a meth addicted pilot and three gallons of av gas in the tank. lol

t. r. has one of these r44s does he still ride, or fly??? or just fish now?

highline has a good rig for this job but am pretty sure too far away to make it cost effective for cle elum. to bad r.m. couldn't help some of us out once in a while, not sure how much fuel from lake stevens or if he has any commercial insurance, witch i doubt. So please post up contact info of who could do this in that area.

Premium Features