• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

<< Announcement: POLARIS just bought out KLIM >>

12V92 LOGGER

Lifetime Membership
Oct 27, 2012
Colorado Rockies
i have been through a couple of buy-outs over the years, some great, some not so much. use and love both products, hope all works out well!! only time will tell:face-icon-small-dis

cwbyup_22

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Park City, MT
I can personally think of some better ways I would have rather seen Polaris invest their money. It will very interesting to see how this shakes out, hopefully it turns into a great thing for everyone

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
Most warranty issues (leaking) are covered by Gore-tex anyway. My previous bibs were xxxx??brand, bought by Scott. When they leaked, I contacted Gore-tex directly, sent them the bibs and they ended up sending me a brand new pair of KLIM because there were no Scott Dealers in the area to try out sizes or styles.

I bet KLIM, just does a quick eval. and boxes leakers up to go to Gore-tex, so Polaris will do the same.

12V92 LOGGER

Lifetime Membership
Oct 27, 2012
Colorado Rockies
WONDER IF POLARIS WILL DUAL BRAND PRODUCTS, OR CONVERT ALL KLIM TO POLARIS LABELS:clap2: WOULD BE KINDA COOL, KLIM'S GREAT PRODUCT LABELED TO MATCH MY SLED:face-icon-small-hap

JOHNNYLINGO

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Hey guys, this is John Summers the Marketing Director for Klim. <O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
I have been with Klim for 14 years. During that time I’ve seen some amazing things happen. Over the years I’ve come to realize that it’s because of you guys… and the trust you have put in our ability to deliver functional clothing that this was made possible. <O:p</O:p
I know all of the people here at Klim would not do anything to lose that trust. The strong emotions over this move with Polaris, from some current Klim gear owners and Klim vendors, is an indication that we have a lot to live up to in order to maintain that trust. <O:p</O:p
I have been involved in this acquisition process for some time now and I can tell you guys that this is not a hostile takeover or a situation where Polaris is going to take the brand and let it fizzle out. This is not about Polaris doing something with the brand in a different direction than we’ve been working for all these years. This acquisition is about Klim continuing to do what we have always done, and that is to build high quality functional clothing.<O:p</O:p
Polaris has been very clear from the beginning to us and we have been very clear to them that the Klim brand will be untouched, we will run it autonomously. It will be ours to run the way it always has. <O:p</O:p
Our warranty process will run the same. Our warranty rate has always been very low so to say that they will try to make us squeeze profit by shrinking the rate will not work. There is very little there to squeeze. Quality and efficiency thru our manufactures will work the same way. <O:p</O:p
It is still our duty to continue to work with the vendors we have established relations with… and to grow that family of vendors in the future. Polaris understands that we are the experts at what we do which is why they pursued an alliance in the first place. <O:p</O:p
Again this is not a takeover of the brand it has nothing to do with that. <O:p></O:p>
The value Polaris sees in this relationship is, of course, what we have done, and will do in the motorsports industry. That value also extends to the new opportunities we have coming up in the next several years that will allow us to realize enormous growth in other untapped areas. Polaris will also bring their other clothing brands to us to help them design and develop those brands to improve quality and function. <O:p></O:p>
For us obviously to realize this growth it requires the funds to do this. Our traditional way of funding our company doesn’t work anymore. To fund this growth it requires a different way of doing it. We could have went outside the industry for funding, but why not have a financial partner that already understand our business and can appreciate what we have been able to do over the years.<O:p</O:p
For Klim it is about building functional gear for whatever you ride that is what it is always been about and that is what it will always be about. <O:p</O:p
I know talk is cheap, and we will prove our continuing commitment to quality products and customer service, to YOU, through our actions. <O:p</O:p
We have had way too much fun and have made too many great relationships with our fellow riders to do it any other way.<O:p</O:p
So if you ride red, yellow, green or blue…Klim remains committed to “raising the bar” and providing you with quality snowmobile gear that you will be confident in and proud to wear. <O:p</O:p

Last edited:
Premium Features