• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alternative impact 36" M-chassis a arm kit

Ah. I see what you're saying now.

I think this is the key though.

I'm not sure they're the same angle at top out and sag. You have a shorter arc swing so the whole system is a little different. I haven't worked out the geometry or anything so I really don't know for sure if that one inch of shorter shock eye to eye actually does keep the same angle.

That said, I don't really notice my sled being any higher OR lower than before. I'm sure in reality it's one or the other, but not much.

That's good to know. My only concern when you start going raising the height when the suspension cycles it goes in an arc as opposed to strait up and down. So for instance when your side hilling and hit a bump, the suspension compresses and pushes the arm slightly outward instead of strait up causing a buck. My theory is why xps suck and the M's handle well even thou the geometry is similar with the arms mounting parallel to each other as opposed to the newer setups that the pros/proclimbs have where they are at an angle where when the suspension cycles they go forward instead of outward

It's still a parallelogram though. With the same mount points on the chassis and the spindles. The arc I was referring to was the arc of the individual arms, not the whole system. It's going the be the same arc as stock, just with less vertical motion because the arms end at an earlier point. It doesn't change the WAY in which the stock suspension works. Just cuts some travel.

But trust me, I've ridden plenty of xps. If these arms handled anything like those they'd be in the trash, a corner of my garage, or in the swapmeet section right now ;)

I'm with you on that.....worse handling sleds ever made. This doesn't do that.

Last edited:
I guess what I don't quite understand (and maybe there's a simple answer) is why the lower mounts for the shocks on the A arms weren't moved out 1/2" or just enough to allow the stock shocks to function properly?

If that was the case, these new A arms would become a plug and play application without the need to have to buy new shocks or shorten existing shocks.

What am I missing here?

Maybe without an A arm in front of me, I just can't picture why?

The M arms are not like others. They do not have mounts for the shocks on them. The shock bolts up to the spindle.
Dan

No problem. It's the only sled I can think of that attaches this way.

Dan

Dan-------- thanks for teh quick shipping, just received my arms today and damn they look nice. can't wait to install these

Dan-------- thanks for teh quick shipping, just received my arms today and damn they look nice. can't wait to install these

No problem. Be sure to let us know what you think, good or bad. I have t heard anything negative so far. Thanks!
Dan

well its finally starting to snow around here so if I don't go this weekend I should go next weekend and will do my review on them. On my sled it should be a whole new sled since I'm going from a HCR width to a 36" width.......damn it I can't wait

well its finally starting to snow around here so if I don't go this weekend I should go next weekend and will do my review on them. On my sled it should be a whole new sled since I'm going from a HCR width to a 36" width.......damn it I can't wait

You're just going to spend the first hour tipping over. :lol:

kidwoo_____ yeah most likely but at least I should be laughing at how easy (?) it will be to fall over

I just can't wait to ride my sled.....I'm upgrading to the 2.6 powerclaw track and these a arms and nice Fox floats and some different skis.....damn it I gotta some stuff done around here and go ride

I finally pulled my sled into teh shop tonight and in the middle of swapping the arms and track on mine.

heading to Bend next weekend for some other business but taking my sled with me and hoping it is decent snow for a shakedown run

Sounds great Sinnful. Please let us know how things work out.

What are you going to do for shocks?

So far as install goes.......they bolt on no problems so far ( just got one side done) but everything went smooth.

I'm trying a set of Fox Floats for a Ski Doo. I haven't put the plastic back on, but I think everything will clear.

Can't wait to try everyhting out. changing to teh 2.6 powerclaw track and swapping from Powder Pros to a set of Sly Dogs and of course teh frontend swap

image.jpg

Looking good!

Is it just something you wanted to do, or are you required to remove the plastics to do the mod?

Thinking of putting these on a Tm1k anyone have them on the big girl yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frostbite______ I pulled my plastic to make it easier to get to everything. and also I'm swapping my track. so I am draining my diamond drive and just gettin everything ready to do the swap

Premium Features

Back