• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpine Motorsports Kit for 2016 Viper

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Yammy guys...help me out a bit if you can here, Alpine Motorsports no longer exists and trying to get some info on this kit. Disclaimer - I know nothing about these things.

What would have been the breakdown of an Alpine Motorsports front mount kit for a Viper? What ECU/piggyback would it have run, what brand/size turbo, injector set up, etc? Has anyone been sourcing parts through another vendor for these? Is it typically a good running kit? Any other items you think worth mentioned. Appreciate any insight, thanks!

Jason

X
Oct 8, 2009
I have never seen a full kit, but from the few parts I originally sourced from them, it seems they sourced the boost it kit and called it alpine. My first intercooler was from them, and it looked exactly like a boost it air to water, which was junk unfortunately. The core cracked after a year of riding and could not be fixed. I have since sourced a much better air to water for my application. The controller is a boost it xic, and it controls bosch giant green injectors. I have since learned the setup will max out at a little over 300 hp on petroleum based fuel since the injectors are limited. If your target is under that, you will be fine. I have a completely different setup since I run a midmount, but they recommended a universal pump that delivered 160 to 175 liters per hour. My target was well north of 300, so I did something different. From speaking with Dean, they preferred a garrett 2860RS turbo. They run fine, but not great in my opinion. That said, I run a motec stanalone, a fully built race motor, and a larger turbo for my application. Needless to say, it runs harder than most, so it is not fair to compare it to stock motor and stock computer sleds, which actually do pretty well. Most sleds you see in videos are of that type. I hope this helps you.

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
I have never seen a full kit, but from the few parts I originally sourced from them, it seems they sourced the boost it kit and called it alpine. My first intercooler was from them, and it looked exactly like a boost it air to water, which was junk unfortunately. The core cracked after a year of riding and could not be fixed. I have since sourced a much better air to water for my application. The controller is a boost it xic, and it controls bosch giant green injectors. I have since learned the setup will max out at a little over 300 hp on petroleum based fuel since the injectors are limited. If your target is under that, you will be fine. I have a completely different setup since I run a midmount, but they recommended a universal pump that delivered 160 to 175 liters per hour. My target was well north of 300, so I did something different. From speaking with Dean, they preferred a garrett 2860RS turbo. They run fine, but not great in my opinion. That said, I run a motec stanalone, a fully built race motor, and a larger turbo for my application. Needless to say, it runs harder than most, so it is not fair to compare it to stock motor and stock computer sleds, which actually do pretty well. Most sleds you see in videos are of that type. I hope this helps you.

where can we see how your sled runs?

J

Jviper

Sep 20, 2015
Edmonton AB
I have an alpine turbo viper....the intercooler is not the same as boost it....the fuel injectors are mounted differently. mine has 4000km on it and its flawless....msd fuel pump with a fully built race motor...garret 2860gtx....its pretty wild. they did use the boost it fuel controller with a completely different map than boost it. with the built motor you dont need the boost above 14-15psi

X
Oct 8, 2009
where can we see how your sled runs?

I have not filmed myself riding it in recent years since I change everything. I can try to film something next year. I am sure no body wants to see it idling in the shop. Ha! I have a short clip of from our first tuning trip. I may be able to post that if I can find the file. It is nothing impressive. We were just tuning the sled on a small hill so we could load it hard enough to tune it.

Premium Features