• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Agent ORANGE sprayed on our food

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
Is this what the Monsanto salesman, peddling his poison told you???
According to the following source, ORGANICS perform or outperform Conventional farming. There are other sources on how spraying Roundup on the land causes damage that I've seen on Netflix from French farmers. The feller dug up some of his organic soil that was rich like coffee grounds and his neighbor's that was hard and compact and glumpy. It hardens and compacts the soil causing erosion and the roots of the plants are less developed. It kills most of the creatures in the soil including beneficial ones like earth worms that help add nutrients to the soil.

Eventually, people are going to refuse to buy GMOs and the only farmers left in business will be the organic farmers.

* Organic yields match conventional yields

* Organic outperforms conventional in years of drought

* Organic farming systems build rather than deplete soil organic matter, making it a more sustainable system

* Organic farming uses 45% less energy and is more efficient

* Conventional systems produce 40% more greenhouse gases

* Organic farming systems are more profitable than conventional

http://www.twnside.org.sg/title2/susagri/2011/susagri185.htm

You have got to be the most complete idiot I have ever heard of. Go Watch more netflix and starve.

First off spraying roundup does nothing to the soil. The first thing to neutrolize roundup is dust. It has no soil activity.

Organic grain will NEVER yield as much as GMO. FYI take some of your organic corn from your god forsaken garden and plant it next to a row of todays seed corn and see what the difference is.

Your organic crops will never build organic matter as well because the plants are not as healthy as today's breeding, producing less plant matter.

Organic farmers use TWICE the energy as well as produce 50% more greenhouse gas as a conventional farmer today.
EXAMPLE:
Conventional farmer- Plants then sprays, many times before crop emerges, may spray again mid season, and goes fishing before harvest.

Organic farmer: Tills ground to kill weeds before planting. Then plants crop, then rotary hoes to relieve crusting as well as kill little weeds caused by tillage. Next comes at least two cultivator passes to kill the weeds that keep emerging due to the fact that no herbicides were used. And when harvest comes the combine uses more fuel to harvest all the weeds that escaped the tillage passes.

Todays modern farmer uses half the energy producing half the greenhouse gasses per bushel of grain as the farmers did before GMO's came about.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I made CAKE out of cow****

No research on round up because Monsanto won't let scientists can't get their hands on it?????

How do they keep scientist out of every hardware store in the states? They all carry it.

NEWSFLASH

Today I made cake from a turd, yes cake. My main ingredient was sugar, the same as in cake, I just blended it with 48% cow****.

Tastes and smells a little different, but I used the same main ingredient, so I it must be cake.

I too farm. My family is entering its fourth generation. I do not farm for money I farm for the way of life. We preserve and carry on that way of life by doing the best we can to sustain our environment and our lives depend on the future capabilities of our resources.

Does it really make sense, or money, to poison the people we sell our crops too?

In the original post, it states that the poison, dioxin, that is lethal in agent orange is not present in 24d. Sometimes all the facts present a much different result than some of the facts.

allied1

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
SE ND
People forget all about this sh!t EVERY day at about 11:45 AM because they leave their keyboards to get a head start to the drive up at McDonalds!:face-icon-small-coo

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Mike S,

Your cut and paste above is dead on accurate from my experience as well. My wife grew up on a dry farm, raising certified organic. We are irrigated and use mostly biological controls. All three types of farming in the family have unique strengths and weaknesses. Many decades have been dedicated to the improvement of our farms.

One other thought, we grow potatoes, wheat, barley, feed corn, (for cattle), alfalfa, and rent out to sugar beet growers.

One thing is common to all of these. We decide the year prior what we will grow. Then we take soil samples, analyzing nutrients, bacteria, and looking for signs of disease. We then custom apply nutrients and prep the soil for the coming crop according to those test results. Potatoes get WEEKLY tissue tests, alfalfa monthly, and the others as needed. These tests also allow for toxicity analysis. We do not jump blindly into our decisions. My father has had a chemical applicators license and applied our weed control chemicals since he was 19. He is now in his sixties and still loves to work sunup to sundown, plus plenty of time under the lights as well. Funny thing, most of his diet is the food that WE grow and market and feed to our own families.

S

skooter

Dec 11, 2007
Montana
I think there are different methods being discussed
1)Organic :face-icon-small-coo
2)Convention :face-icon-small-coo
3)GMO / chemical :face-icon-small-sad

I've never felt the need to eat organic until after experiencing autoimmune, and food allergies. The food I've eaten, I've assumed had been conventional...but after looking into potential causes of health issues....I was shocked to learn about GMOs and that it's 90% of our corn, canola, soy, sugar beets. GMOs are NOT the same as breeding or cross pollinating...say one fruit with another to come up with a new variety. GMOs is taking something like rice and crossing it with human DNA ...(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-440302/The-rice-human-genes.html) Corn is mostly crossed with bacteria or virus so it can withstand roundup.

Because it's not food crossed with food, our bodies don't recognize it and we develop allergies. I've never been allergic before, but I am now. Growing up there was hardly any children allergic to food. Students could bring anything for treats no problem. Now, there is usually several children allergic to something making treats difficult. And why are there so many obese children? I was not very active when I was little, used a mixing bowl for my cereal and I was always a twig. Why are there so many cases of cancer? Everyone knows one or people with cancer, and too many children with cancer. Why are there 1-50 children now have autism??

I have no problem with how food was grown before GMOs --- conventional method it was great. But now without labeling you can't tell conventionally grown food and GMOs. So now to avoid GMOs, I buy organic unless I know there isn't a GMO version of a crop yet.

I still don't want to eat anything that was sprayed with Agent Orange or any component thereof. Not to mention the crops it's being sprayed on will be GMOs.

Family farms have not been farming GMOs for 5 generations---since it they only developed them 1980's-1990's. There are more horror stories from family farms like Percy Schmeiser being contaminated by Monsanto seeds and then sued for using their patent.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Conventional farming absolutely uses chemicals.

Your concept of GMO is cross-confused.

Media loves to use talking/shocking points.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Kids are fat because they are lazy and play with stationary screens all day.....as their parents and teachers lay blame elsewhere. I have six kids, none of which are anywhere near obese. We buy them basketballs and bb guns for Christmas......They have never received a video game console.

In years past, people died, and were buried. Science has helped us to put definition to those deaths. We are seeing longer mortality rates than ever before due to modern methods. The actual cause of death has not changed, cancer is not new. I am going to a funeral tomorrow for my Aunt. She just died after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. A generation a go she would have died in her sleep with only some stomach pains as a warning. Todays technology gives us better definition of yesterdays COD.

D
Jan 2, 2009
Coquitlam, BC
Family farms have not been farming GMOs for 5 generations---since it they only developed them 1980's-1990's. There are more horror stories from family farms like Percy Schmeiser being contaminated by Monsanto seeds and then sued for using their patent.

Percy grew it on purpose and didn't pay the license and got caught. Plain and simple. Please stop twisting stories around and around, simply because you are against large corporations, so everything they do must be bad.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Take gmos,chemical and fertlizer away from the industry and we will be paying a lot more for food and we would see lots of people starving in this country.

rmk8000

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2013
saskatchewan canada
Kids are fat because they are lazy and play with stationary screens all day.....as their parents and teachers lay blame elsewhere. I have six kids, none of which are anywhere near obese. We buy them basketballs and bb guns for Christmas......They have never received a video game console.

In years past, people died, and were buried. Science has helped us to put definition to those deaths. We are seeing longer mortality rates than ever before due to modern methods. The actual cause of death has not changed, cancer is not new. I am going to a funeral tomorrow for my Aunt. She just died after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. A generation a go she would have died in her sleep with only some stomach pains as a warning. Todays technology gives us better definition of yesterdays COD.

That is very true! I heard on the news the other day that cancer rates have decreased in the last 20 years because less people are smoking. They said obesity and inactivity are becoming the leading causes.

S

skooter

Dec 11, 2007
Montana
Percy grew it on purpose and didn't pay the license and got caught. Plain and simple. Please stop twisting stories around and around, simply because you are against large corporations, so everything they do must be bad.

Yeah, poor Monsanto, I'm just picking on them the poor large corporation. Why should anyone believe Percy or all the 100's of other farmer monsanto has sued. They are only known as being the MOST EVIL company in the world. Who never lie about food safety, DDT, PCP, Agent Orange. Everything they do is so you HAVE to buy THEIR product...their seed and their Roundup. They control the seed they control the people. Have you heard of their terminator seed....it forces you to buy their product every year.

S

skooter

Dec 11, 2007
Montana
well said~ and ya don't see anyone that's starving~ doing any bitching either~

Well, Ghana has been refusing to take GMOs. They are probably pretty hungry. China has refuse literally TONS of corn because of GMOs and there are several other countries in Europe that either ban or require Labeling. I think Russia has a moratorium on GMOS for 10 years. So yeah, no one want it. The value of wheat from Kansas took a huge hit when they got contaminated by Monsanto GMO wheat. There is a lawsuit. No one but fools want GMOs.

Whole Food Markets is going completely organic. Yeah.

S

skooter

Dec 11, 2007
Montana
That is very true! I heard on the news the other day that cancer rates have decreased in the last 20 years because less people are smoking. They said obesity and inactivity are becoming the leading causes.

You talk alot, but where do you get your stats/sources? It's easy to talk out your *ss But you are WRONG. And here are my sources.

WHO stats http://globocan.iarc.fr/Pages/Map.aspx
WHO stats directory http://www-dep.iarc.fr/
http://news.msn.com/world/cancer-deaths-rise-to-82-million-breast-cancer-sharply-up#tscptmf

Cancer deaths were up 8 percent from 7.6 million in a previous 2008 survey and breast cancer killed 522,000 women last year, up 14 percent in the same period.
LONDON — The global death toll from cancer rose to 8.2 million in 2012 with sharp rises in breast cancer as the disease tightened its grip in developing nations struggling to treat an illness driven by Western lifestyles.
Cancer deaths were up 8 percent from 7.6 million in a previous survey in 2008 and breast cancer killed 522,000 women last year, up 14 percent in the same period, according to the World Health Organisation's International Agency for Research on Cancer.
Related: New drug could be 'game changer' in lung cancer
"Breast cancer is also a leading cause of cancer death in the less developed countries of the world," said David Forman, head of IARC's Section of Cancer Information, the group that compiles the global cancer data.
He said this was "partly because a shift in lifestyles is causing an increase in incidence, and partly because clinical advances to combat the disease are not reaching women living in these regions."
An estimated 14.1 million people developed cancer in 2012, up from 12.7 million in 2008. And 1.7 million women were newly diagnosed with breast cancer last year, up by more than 20 percent from 2008.
IARC's report, called GLOBOCAN 2012, gives the most up-to-date estimates for 28 different types of cancer in 184 countries and offers an overview of the global cancer burden.
It found that the most commonly diagnosed cancers worldwide in men and women combined were lung, breast and colorectal cancers. The most common causes of cancer death were lung, liver and stomach cancers.
SUBSTANTIVE INCREASE

rmk8000

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2013
saskatchewan canada
You talk alot, but where do you get your stats/sources? It's easy to talk out your *ss But you are WRONG. And here are my sources.

WHO stats http://globocan.iarc.fr/Pages/Map.aspx
WHO stats directory http://www-dep.iarc.fr/
http://news.msn.com/world/cancer-deaths-rise-to-82-million-breast-cancer-sharply-up#tscptmf

Cancer deaths were up 8 percent from 7.6 million in a previous 2008 survey and breast cancer killed 522,000 women last year, up 14 percent in the same period.
LONDON — The global death toll from cancer rose to 8.2 million in 2012 with sharp rises in breast cancer as the disease tightened its grip in developing nations struggling to treat an illness driven by Western lifestyles.
Cancer deaths were up 8 percent from 7.6 million in a previous survey in 2008 and breast cancer killed 522,000 women last year, up 14 percent in the same period, according to the World Health Organisation's International Agency for Research on Cancer.
Related: New drug could be 'game changer' in lung cancer
"Breast cancer is also a leading cause of cancer death in the less developed countries of the world," said David Forman, head of IARC's Section of Cancer Information, the group that compiles the global cancer data.
He said this was "partly because a shift in lifestyles is causing an increase in incidence, and partly because clinical advances to combat the disease are not reaching women living in these regions."
An estimated 14.1 million people developed cancer in 2012, up from 12.7 million in 2008. And 1.7 million women were newly diagnosed with breast cancer last year, up by more than 20 percent from 2008.
IARC's report, called GLOBOCAN 2012, gives the most up-to-date estimates for 28 different types of cancer in 184 countries and offers an overview of the global cancer burden.
It found that the most commonly diagnosed cancers worldwide in men and women combined were lung, breast and colorectal cancers. The most common causes of cancer death were lung, liver and stomach cancers.
SUBSTANTIVE INCREASE

I heard it on cbc and they were talking about the last 20 years. And people are eating way more processed foods and are not getting enough exercise so its definately going to increase their risk of cancer.

rmk8000

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2013
saskatchewan canada
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonenti...-safe-to-eat-and-environmentally-sustainable/

http://www.gmo-compass.org/eng/safe...luation_safety_gm_food_major_undertaking.html

http://www.gmo-compass.org/eng/safety/human_health/44.food_safety_evaluation_allergy_check_gmos.html

There is plenty of research on the safety of GMO's. Unfortunately fear mongers who go on about frankenfood and call monsanto the most evil company on earth get most of the attention and they can't even tell the difference between 2,4-d and agent orange! Don't get me wrong I fully understand monsanto's number one goal is to make money and I don't exactly love the company but I think science is on there side as far as safety is concerned.

D
Jan 2, 2009
Coquitlam, BC
Well, Ghana has been refusing to take GMOs. They are probably pretty hungry. China has refuse literally TONS of corn because of GMOs and there are several other countries in Europe that either ban or require Labeling. I think Russia has a moratorium on GMOS for 10 years. So yeah, no one want it. The value of wheat from Kansas took a huge hit when they got contaminated by Monsanto GMO wheat. There is a lawsuit. No one but fools want GMOs.

Man you have the ol' blinders on. Every major country, China, Japan, UK, etc all take GMO canola. No choice, nothing else to choose from. Some with Monsanto genes, some with BASF genes, but regardless, all GMO. All soybeans from S. America are GMO. Meaning, all food based oil is derived from a GMO of some type.

Get over it, or go live in the mountains.

allied1

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
SE ND

China does not give one gawd dam fu#k about what they feed their population! It's clear they are trying to manipulate the global market as they do our currency and it's working. They want cheap corn and that's all!

Here are some facts:

A US genetically modified corn shipment of 55,000 tonnes has been rejected by China on arrival at the Shenzhen-Shekou terminal near Hong Kong because it was not on Beijing's approved GM food list.

To date China has imported a record amount of corn from 5.23 million tonnes in fiscal 2012/2013 to record seven million tonnes of corn from September 2013 to August 2014, said the US Department of Agriculture.

(China, the world’s biggest meat consumer, may double beef imports by 2018 as consumers can afford to buy more products they deem to be safer and healthier, according to Rabobank International.
Shipments from overseas may exceed 500,000 tonnes as domestic output fails to meet demand, Beijing-based analyst Pan Chenjun, said in an interview. Consumption of processed pork products will rise by more than 10 per cent a year, she said.

A gain in China’s demand for higher-priced meat will help the beef producers including Australia and Brazil and benefit processors such as Tyson and Smithfield Foods, owned by Hong Kong-based Shuanghui International. China last week said it is seeking an agreement to resume US beef shipments by July 2014 after they were banned in 2003.

“China has a structural beef shortage” after losses in 2006 prompted farmers to slaughter herds, Pan said yesterday. Rising grain prices and the long growth cycle for cattle have prevented a quick rebound in output, she said.

China may want to add the US as a supplier to help diversify its sources, Pan said.

The country has banned American beef since a mad cow disease scare in 2003. It is also studying to lift a ban on Brazilian meat, Agriculture Minister Antonio Andrade said November 8.

Consumers will eat more processed meat because a more urban lifestyle demands convenience, benefiting Shuanghui and overseas companies that can cater to Chinese consumers’ tastes, Pan said. Spending on meat products is forecast to gain more than 10 per cent a year in the next five years, out pacing a 2 per cent annual increase in volumes, indicating people are buying more expensive products, she said.

As China produces almost all its pork, it will need to import more corn and soybeans to feed the herds, she said.)

Brazil grows GMO corn and soybeans for feed as does the US. Both countries us growth hormones for meat production as well as milk production.

Mad cow disease has nothing to do with GMO and first was discovered in Europe and spread to Canada and then into the US. People need to do their own research and then decide what they are eating and how far reached our food supply actually is.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Skooter,

The more you say the further you disqualify your knowledge. Gmo's are not a Monsanto exclusive. GMO's have no impact whatsoever on where I buy my seed. Round Up is available under MANY different names through all the major companies.

Premium Features