• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

afr gauge wiring help

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
i'm not a AC guy myself so i need your help.

So my cousin sled is a m8 2012 with a recent port job with slp y/pipe/can.

He ran a few pulls on the dyno to tune the sled and gave him back.
He had the egt and afr hooked up on the dyno.

his tuner recommended to get an AFR gauge to be sure his ratio is still safe out there.

He's got a power commander and the pod to fine tune if necessary.

We were talking about installing the wideband/gauge with his tuner and he had reserves about running it with no battery mainly about no pre heating. But from what i can see many turbo guys have no battery and power even more stuff.

1. where to get power to power the gauge/wb sensor?

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
You actually don't want to preheat the sensor. The reason is that if the sensor is hot and you start the engine the relatively cold condensation from startup can cause thermal shock in the sensor and damage it. I don't think this is really a problem most of the time though.

If the sensor is cold the AFR will simply not be valid while it is heating up, which usually takes about 30 seconds or less.

As for power, the AFR controllers that I sell for the Deluxe Gauge Reflash are wired up to use the red wire with blue stripe, which is the ignition controlled power source to the gauge.

i'm not a AC guy myself so i need your help.

So my cousin sled is a m8 2012 with a recent port job with slp y/pipe/can.

He ran a few pulls on the dyno to tune the sled and gave him back.
He had the egt and afr hooked up on the dyno.

his tuner recommended to get an AFR gauge to be sure his ratio is still safe out there.

He's got a power commander and the pod to fine tune if necessary.

We were talking about installing the wideband/gauge with his tuner and he had reserves about running it with no battery mainly about no pre heating. But from what i can see many turbo guys have no battery and power even more stuff.

1. where to get power to power the gauge/wb sensor?

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
thanks for the heads up about the pre-heat.

i didn't realised ac had a 12v acc in the dash! neat. i'll try to find the max amp you can run on this circuit.

<script src="moz-extension://138b8a1f-cce0-4695-ac4d-731e78a6843c/web/libs/ciuvo-addon-sdk.min.js" async=""></script>
<script src="moz-extension://138b8a1f-cce0-4695-ac4d-731e78a6843c/web/libs/ciuvo-addon-sdk.min.js" async=""></script>

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
thanks for the heads up about the pre-heat.

i didn't realise ac had a 12v acc in the dash! neat. i'll try to find the max amp you can run on this circuit.

we didn't installed yet, since the bung was welded without the hood fitted and now the sensor is too long when you want to close the hood. He will have to re-weld a bung slighty forward to get enough room.

Premium Features