• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Addition of Electric Start ?

D
Feb 20, 2009
Has anyone had electric start added to there sled as a replacement for the SHOT BS? I had a heater fall over, sloppy, and do a melt down on the plastic of the SHOT. Internals are shot, pun intended. Think the shop said a replacement, remove a couple bolts, disconect harness, plug and play. Cost for SHOT Black box, $700. Living in MT, we have few cold nights, days too. This sled sometimes is virtually impossible to turn over, morning low teens is not rare here. If I'm going to blow a bunch of $$ for repair, what about just jerking out the SHOT and adding a couple pounds by installing electric start?

Dennis

kasey200

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2010
My sled did not have SHOT from the factory but I did add electric start to it. It was a pull start model. Install was not terribly complicated with the exception of pulling the flywheel which you need a special puller for. I think it took me about 4-5 hours start to finish. The E-start kit was $500 from Ski-doo. i also added an Earth-X lithium battery which was another $200 to save about 10lbs.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
I think you'd want to check with your dealer or ski-doo directly that e-start can be added to a shot sled. I know you can't add shot to a pull or e-start sled due to the harness and ECM I wonder if it is true the other way around as well.

Premium Features