• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A little spring break video

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Thanks for the kind words......

I have to tell you though, it can get really cold on these old fingers hanging on to an aluminum bodied camera with bare hands with winds blowing 35 miles an hour.

That section of the video where he is standing on that cornice, just before he breaks it off, I had to put the camera down because I could not feel my fingers.
Luckily, I had pointed the go pro mounted on my helmet at the action, and I was able to catch him breaking off the cornice..... LOL

I was yelling at him to not go any further out, but he was so far away he could not hear me. Luckily, when the cornice broke off there were no consequences. My heart skipped a few beats though until the snow dust cleared and I could see that he was on the uphill side of those chunks that broke off.

I don think he will do anymore sightseeing at the edge of any cornices anytime soon.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Cool video!!!

I was hoping I didn't have to see you race over to that cornice debris and dig him out. TOTALLY could have happened.

That was lucky, but cool footage.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Cool video!!!

I was hoping I didn't have to see you race over to that cornice debris and dig him out. TOTALLY could have happened.

That was lucky, but cool footage.

That was exactly what I was thinking as this unfolded. Those chunks probably weighed several hundred pounds each, and your right, that could easily have happened.

This is one of the reasons I continue to go on these trips. I remember when I was 16 years old. Good reasoning did not happen to me until I was in my 20's, LOL. Some think I still am a ways off to good reasoning, lol

Premium Features