• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

a great weekend at the wifes old homestead

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Beautiful pictures M8Magic!!! I love living up here in the north country also, you never get used to how amazing it is. We've had one of the best summers ever this year, how about you folks?

an amazing summer as well we have been experiencing although when it does rain it has been heavy and with a lot of unusual heavy thunder..

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Thanks for the memories, Doug. 40 years ago I helped my dad weld grousers onto a D8 on the shores of Bennet Lake in -30 F weather. That is gods country right there :sun:

Shane...no wonder you remember that..!!!...bet a nickel you likely had a fair wind with that 30 below

Last edited:

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Back when school was uphill both ways. And all you had for shoes were the hides of the squirrels you killed with your bare hands for breakfast!

allied1

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
SE ND
Nice pics! Some people have it good! Who's C-185 and who's fly'n? Magicand mystery is adding up now. Again, NICE!

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Nice pics! Some people have it good! Who's C-185 and who's fly'n? Magicand mystery is adding up now. Again, NICE!

The flight company is Alpine Aviation out of Whitehorse and the pilot that flew us in was Andrew whose parents own a remote lodge near Dease Lake and the pilot that flew us out in the yellow plane was the owner of the company whose name is Gerd who is as well an avid snowmobiler.

Gerd is second to none of modern day bush pilots and I put the same trust in any pilot he choses to hire , an awesome fella..!!

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
No worries Snowmow it's all good. It gets real boring around here without

some pot stirring :face-icon-small-hap

What do you and magic mountain so for a living? Seems like you boys got it figured out! Living pretty plush! Hope I'm headed in that direction!

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
What do you and magic mountain so for a living? Seems like you boys got it figured out! Living pretty plush! Hope I'm headed in that direction!

sometimes its not what you do for a living but what you do without to live..!!!

less eating out , fix up the old iron instead of always having new, leaving fashion clothes to the runway models, less booze and try and quit smoking...

But other then that I do plumbing and heating...

Remember the simple things in life are plush..the wilderness is already there waiting....just be thankful you are not rich and have to work all your life 24/7 to maintain the rich lifestyle you aquire a taste for.

Premium Features