• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 Speedo issue

S
Dec 2, 2007
Just checking if anyone has dealt with a speedo issue on the 900.

On today's maiden voyage for the year, I noticed my '05 900 RMK, had some unusual speed readings. Running down the trail, I would be doing what I would estimate was about 30 mph......and the speedometer (on the digital side and the needle gauge) would me jumping all over the place...reading in the 50's one second, then the '80s the next. Back and forth it went.

Then back at the trailer, it was sitting idling, and reading 120 - 140(bouncing back and forth) mph.....and registering miles on the trip meter....yikes!!!!

Only thing that I see that might be different than the last couple of years is, that the battery level on the digital guage was reading 2 or 3 bars less than full...possibly at the half mark.

Anyone see this before?? Do I just need to replace the little batteries for the digital guages to correct.....or do I have a bigger problem. Sled is entirely stock.....w/ all updates completed. Sled has never given me ANY problems....other than a broken shock....so I'm hoping this is an easy fix.

Thanks for the help!

Nov 26, 2007
CrawlOrado
on your 900 the display will display more then just the speedometer
It also displays the engine temp, miles, and has a trip meter (miles)

are you certain you were looking at the MPH display?
Could you be mistaking the 50-80 readings as engine tempature?

If not then I would say it sounds like your speed sensor is at fault.
You can check it with a voltage meter I believe.

If this was a ford truck I would check the speed sensor, I am new to snowmobiles but I have been doing alot of research on the Polaris 900's..

Premium Features