• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 fuel problems

P
Jan 4, 2014
thats where i was checking its from the brown pins to the chasis ground whats the diff between chasis ground and just ground but ill try cleaning it up thou

S
Oct 3, 2008
Quebec, Canada
thats where i was checking its from the brown pins to the chasis ground whats the diff between chasis ground and just ground but ill try cleaning it up thou

Ok that works...chassis ground is the specific ground location pt but pretty much any non-isolated metal on the sled should be ground. Additionally, any (if not all) the brown wires should be ground.

P
Jan 4, 2014
soo the brown pin around from orange on ground is 1 and on chasis ground is one......brown pin not across from orange on ground is 120 and on chasis ground its 120 after i cleaned up the chasis ground

S
Oct 3, 2008
Quebec, Canada
That may be your problem...I'm going out for a bit and will check the wiring again later to see where the other side goes as i suspect that is where you are getting the reading from...the brown wire that goes from that connector to chasia ground may be broken which would be why you aren't reading short to ground and may be your problem...

P
Jan 4, 2014
one brown wire goes to the chasis ground other brown goes to the connector that connects to the hood that slot looks burnt i put the meter on it(should i get a reading from that connector that connects to tyhe hood back the the brown vr pin?) because i dont

S
Oct 3, 2008
Quebec, Canada
The other side goes to the chassis/hood plug 1 (which I think is the bigger one) but unplug both just to be sure (these are plugs up front that connect to the hood.

Once you have this disconnected, check the resistance again and I suspect you will get no reading (open) instead of 120...

If this is the case, I'll measure mine later (going out for a ride) to confirm that mine goes to ground and if so, you can run another wire from the VR to the ground chassis and you may be up and running again...

P
Jan 4, 2014
yea i dont get any reading ......i hooked up a wire from them two brown to the chasis ground and check the reading on everything and reading were all good but she still wont go .....

S
Oct 3, 2008
Quebec, Canada
I don't know...I thought we were onto something with the brown wire resistance being too high...

Maybe your ECU is shot...I don't know if it can be tested or not...

What happened when the engine went and what did you replace/rebuild since the sled quit? Was it working fine before? How long was it down?

P
Jan 4, 2014
she over heated the piston broke apart and drove it all down threw the base.....only replace the the normal stuff base a cyclinder pistons gaskets your know.....she have been sitting up since last winter soo i dont no maybe the computer is shot only thing i havnt replace except for the compositor.....

P
Jan 4, 2014
i can just put a probe in one pin and a probe in the other pin right???........i did that and i started the skidoo witht the battery and got 0.20's

S
Oct 3, 2008
Quebec, Canada
Not sure if that is good or bad...I've never had to look at an injector before but I suspect that the voltage is switched and not on all the time...if this is the case your meter may not read it.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
My 2 cents without digging deep into those.

1. Bad capacitor
2. Improper gap on flywheel sensors, could have bumped it when u installed the recoil housing.

Would have to reread this thread and have some beers. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P
Jan 4, 2014
buddy had a ecu for a 06 soo diddnt get it ........he has one for a 05 for blue mine is yellow how big of a problem will it cause..........................................................

also if i got good voltage coming from the stator(yelllow wires) then that gap should be ok its that right???? can the capacitor still be bad if it reads 12 volts and slowly goes down???

S
Oct 3, 2008
Quebec, Canada
buddy had a ecu for a 06 soo diddnt get it ........he has one for a 05 for blue mine is yellow how big of a problem will it cause..........................................................
06 definitely won't work. different color will probably have issues but I think your dealer can update it to match your sled; cal them and ask.

so if i got good voltage coming from the stator(yelllow wires) then that gap should be ok its that right????
think you are ok

can the capacitor still be bad if it reads 12 volts and slowly goes down???
no...capacitor is fine if it passes the test

P
Jan 4, 2014
well its not the ecu ........when i put my ecu back in her i put power on her started her up and started playing with the wires behind the tank seeing if anything is loose or w.e cus i was starting to get very annoyed so then i took the power off and she stayed going on her own i was shocked....but she only was going on one cylinder other cylinder had spark just not getting any fuel so i drover her out of the garage just to see counldnt press the throttle very much she go boggy and almost shut off so put her back in the garage shut her off and started her up and few times to make sure she was still starting up on her own so then i went for some supper was going back out see if i can figure out the fuel problem but couldnt get her to start up on her own again very annoyed .....even with the power on her she still only runs on one cylinder.....

Premium Features