• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

89 arctic cat Jag grinding noise

N
Feb 18, 2023
Ontario, Canada
anybody know what i should look for on my 89 arctic cat jag 340. I bought it for my son but it suddenly started making a grinding noise under the seat. It was dragging a little before he said. lifted the sled and gave it gas and runs fine. only happens with weight on it.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
My daughter's jag had a bad grinding noise coming from near the left footwear. The driveshaft bearing was dry. I greased it and went away.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

arcticridr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2003
Redding Ca
Jackshaft or drive axle bearings are probably checked out , did or does the speedo work? If not usually a sign lower bearing is gone on any pre 2006 cat with a chaincase when the speedo suddenly stops working time to head for the barn or you will be walking . Anyone check the chaincase oil?

N
Feb 18, 2023
Ontario, Canada
Jackshaft or drive axle bearings are probably checked out , did or does the speedo work? If not usually a sign lower bearing is gone on any pre 2006 cat with a chaincase when the speedo suddenly stops working time to head for the barn or you will be walking . Anyone check the chaincase oil?
Thanks for the help. Confirmed it is a bearing.

Premium Features