• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Turbo tunes Reviews

M
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
The maptune is a fair amount more expensive. For the tuner and one license it’s $1150. Torque link and one license is $750. With torquelink having updated tunes this year, I wonder how much better they run. My 20.5 ran flawless on stage 2 all season.
Anyone in Utah with a maptuned turbo want to compare?
The maptune is a fair amount more expensive. For the tuner and one license it’s $1150. Torque link and one license is $750. With torquelink having updated tunes this year, I wonder how much better they run. My 20.5 ran flawless on stage 2 all season.
Anyone in Utah with a maptuned turbo want to compare?
4B412233-7286-44E1-9C1F-40666618CF73.png2E9C9F24-1E96-472D-B69E-9A57F2AC1631.png

5D8BFB9D-5046-4929-A67C-A1AAC5C521E6.png

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
When I first looked I could only find pricing In euro. Then was able to change to usd and found $943.10 for box and license.

A8133073-E845-4ACC-9771-73A6DFF26A28.png

M
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
Is it pretty much necessary to do some clutch tuning with the maptun stage one tune (or any stage one tune )?
Yes clutching is needed, but it can be done in stage’s. Turbo Tamers have been used on stage three tunes with otherwise completely stock clutching.
More performance can be had with proper helix and gearing, to suit your style of riding.

highspeed427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2011
Hey guys. Loved reading through here and getting some good feedback that matches what we have found. Here is the deal. Bikeman tunes run great. But that dip in the dyno is legit and does happen. The point is, you can clutch around it. That's why most people with good clutching don't notice it. Ibexx knows what the problem is and has fixed it. It sounds like the guys at maptuner may have figured it out as well. I've never used theirs. The ibexx tune has more control over the factory wastegate than the bikeman. They close it earlier and bring boost in much faster. This gives you much more bottom end and makes it a lot more fun to run on the higher power levels. They also have a killer clutching package that is designed specifically for turbos. With their proprietary profile on both the weights and the helix they are able to hold stage 4 power on right around 80 grams. This helps the off boost power tremendously and makes the bottom end even more snappy without sacrificing control. It's hard to explain here but if anyone is riding island park next week I can meet up and let you ride one of our sleds.

I also want to address the fear of blowing a charge box up. So far we have never seen it. The charge tunes will split but we have been testing a big turbo replacement and running around 15 psi of boost and still no box failure.

Thanks guys and hope that was somewhat enlightening on how it all works. Heck us out at www.ibexx.com or give us a call if you have questions.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Hey guys. Loved reading through here and getting some good feedback that matches what we have found. Here is the deal. Bikeman tunes run great. But that dip in the dyno is legit and does happen. The point is, you can clutch around it. That's why most people with good clutching don't notice it. Ibexx knows what the problem is and has fixed it. It sounds like the guys at maptuner may have figured it out as well. I've never used theirs. The ibexx tune has more control over the factory wastegate than the bikeman. They close it earlier and bring boost in much faster. This gives you much more bottom end and makes it a lot more fun to run on the higher power levels. They also have a killer clutching package that is designed specifically for turbos. With their proprietary profile on both the weights and the helix they are able to hold stage 4 power on right around 80 grams. This helps the off boost power tremendously and makes the bottom end even more snappy without sacrificing control. It's hard to explain here but if anyone is riding island park next week I can meet up and let you ride one of our sleds.

I also want to address the fear of blowing a charge box up. So far we have never seen it. The charge tunes will split but we have been testing a big turbo replacement and running around 15 psi of boost and still no box failure.

Thanks guys and hope that was somewhat enlightening on how it all works. Heck us out at www.ibexx.com or give us a call if you have questions.

....went on your website, but couldn't find any info about tunes...such as HP gain, Tourqe gain, and octane requirements.

Can you please post those here?

Best,

Ace

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
....went on your website, but couldn't find any info about tunes...such as HP gain, Tourqe gain, and octane requirements.

Can you please post those here?

Best,

Ace

It’s there.
Anything over 25hp for ibexx needs octane boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
I’ve been struggling with the Bikeman tunes where we are. There is no consistency to them. One minute the sled is a rocket the next it won’t make boost. Flash it back to stock and it runs perfect all day. Maybe we need to try the ibex tunes?

My sled is a rocket stock, add the 10 hp flash it’s insane when it works. But for some reason when I flash it sometimes it seems to run amazing others you can tell it’s just making no boost and it’s a dog. Shut it off restart game on for a bit again. Makes no sense. Have tried octane boost / race gas etc.

Any ideas?

T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
I’ve been struggling with the Bikeman tunes where we are. There is no consistency to them. One minute the sled is a rocket the next it won’t make boost. Flash it back to stock and it runs perfect all day. Maybe we need to try the ibex tunes?

My sled is a rocket stock, add the 10 hp flash it’s insane when it works. But for some reason when I flash it sometimes it seems to run amazing others you can tell it’s just making no boost and it’s a dog. Shut it off restart game on for a bit again. Makes no sense. Have tried octane boost / race gas etc.

Any ideas?
Reading back over the posts it seems I’m not the only one complaining of the Bikeman tunes having lost bottom end.

S
Mar 7, 2011
Montrose, CO
I spent some time over xmas break running the bikeman 30 hp tune on 91 octane at around 1200' elevation. Runs HARD! No complaints it works good! Power is right there, smooth and works wonderfully!

Any ideas?
So are you happy with bikeman or not? I'm a little confused

Premium Features