• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 xrs unhook oil cable and premix

R
Nov 7, 2019
My oil cable is destroyed and im wondering if its safe to cut it, lock pump arm in idle position and premix?

Dont want to remove engine before end of season to do a proper oil pump delete if not needed

Sent fra min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
Sure, it will work. But why not just replace the cable? It's not that much work, mixing gas sucks, And if the oil side of the cable broke, the throttle side is not far behind.

R
Nov 7, 2019
Becouse i want easier throttle. My oil pump are sticking so i have to use the spring mod.

I can get rid of spring mod and then mod throttle lever for an even lighter throttle.

Sent fra min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
I would still change out the throttle cable as it will probably also fail pretty soon. A single cable from a fuel injected model without the junction box will reduce the throttle pull even more. I haven't found a direct replacement, but you can cut & solder on a new barrel end to get the proper cable length. I've done many, it works good.

Premium Features