• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 VES head color

B
Jan 27, 2008
Does the head color mean anything on the 800 ves? I have only seen red color heads but mine are black? I have searched to no avail.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Does the head color mean anything on the 800 ves? I have only seen red color heads but mine are black? I have searched to no avail.

To my knowledge they are all the same, They offered many color options back then thru the Pure Polaris Parts program, including the american flag, flame job, etc. and all the major colors. Hope that helps.

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
check with dealer but I believe black came out in 04 and I believe the plumbing to the coolant is different.

D
Feb 5, 2011
red paint

The red paint on the cylinder heads can turn black if overheated.
I have seen this happen on one of my sleds, a 2002 800 rmk snow check. It overheated, boiled the coolant out while my son was riding it. we replaced the coolant and the sme thing happened again 1/4 mile down the trail. we towed it back and found that the impeller nut in the coolant pump was loose. The pump was not circulating coolant well enough to keep the engine cool.
Half of the red paint on the cylinder heads turned black.

Premium Features