• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 dragon mods

E
Dec 24, 2011
Yakima wa
This year I decided to do some mods to my 09 dragon 800 and I'd like to share what I have found.

1) indy dan long rod kit- finally.... a solution to these problem motors. I've ran this kit for 2 years now absolutely awesome. Gives a little more grunt and haven't had one lick of problems, a little speedy but worth it.

2) slp pipe- obvious mod lose weight and gain power

3) pro rmk front shocks- let's get real the stock shocks are a joke, replaced mine with a set of pro rmk shocks. I found that they are a little longer and bind up your steering when the skis come off the ground. My solution was inserting spacers below the upper a arm ball joint bolt. No more binding shocks work amazing and you can get these pretty cheap got a pair for $250!!

4) pro rmk track- the stock track is such a soft track and works horribly in my opinion. A cheap solution was a 13 pro rmk track. You can pick them up very cheap and works really well it's been one of my favorite upgrades

5 headlight delete timbersled intake and vent kit- loses a good amount of weight and keeps clutches cool. Was kind of nervous putting the headlight delete on because it's right where my air box is and would let in water but really wanted my sled to suck in cold air so I put a timbersled intake on with a prefilter works great

Other mods I've done is better boards hols a arms and have done some experimenting with clutching.

Overall I'm very happy with the way this sled performs now with these mods it's night and day! Always looking for other ideas so if anyone has some good upgrades let us know!:)

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I moved my rear scissor arm back 5/8".

Drilled a new drip hole under the air box so it doesn't leak into the power valve spring. May not be an issue with your set up.

Relocated the little black box off the voltage regulator so it can stay cooler and last longer.

Installed switch for the 2 gas settings.

Added zerks to my spindles when I replaced the bushings as they were getting sloppy.

Corked my grips too.

E
Dec 24, 2011
Yakima wa
I moved my rear scissor arm back 5/8".

Drilled a new drip hole under the air box so it doesn't leak into the power valve spring. May not be an issue with your set up.

Relocated the little black box off the voltage regulator so it can stay cooler and last longer.

Installed switch for the 2 gas settings.

Added zerks to my spindles when I replaced the bushings as they were getting sloppy.

Corked my grips too.

The relocation for the scissor arm does thAt help with these sleds sliding out on a steep side hill? How does it ride with doing thAt?

Nooby

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2013
NE Nebraska
Dragon mods

Go to the IQ section on this forum you will find a great number of upgrades and improvements for those sleds. I have used many of these on my 09 and the improvements are extremely helpful and noticeable.
All are tried and used by riders and wrenchers from this forum. These guys know their stuff. My ride and performance have vastly improved.

JMO. Nooby

Premium Features