• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

700 pipes on an 800 non ves

R
Oct 15, 2011
washington
hey guys, im looking for some twin pipes for my 800 non ves, and cant seem to find much, and my question is one, does anyone have a set for a fair price? i dont ,mind doing a little repair,,and second will 700 twin pipes work? if so wats the difference? and third if the 700 ones wont work will 800 ves pipes work? thanks a bunch

O

oscar680

Jan 29, 2010
Alberta
Mismatching pipes on a 2 stroke engine is never a good idea, especially if you want it to perform its best,

there are many different things taken into consideration when building a set of pipes for a sled engine most of which can have a big impact on the way a sled performs.

To answer your question with out writing a story,
yes your sled will run with pipe's designed for a different engine but it won't run very well.

If you want more technical info check out this article, it should make things a bit more clear

http://www.motorcycle.com/how-to/how-twostroke-expansion-chambers-work-and-why-you-should-care-3423.html

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Nope, can't use 700 pipes on the 800 and no, can't use VES pipes on the non-VES. Now, as oscar says you can use them but they won't work right.

As far as pipes for the non-VES 800 goes... your best performance will be from either an SLP single or a set of CPI twins. Be warned, the CPI pipes get dang loud after the silencer packing is burned out which happens pretty quick. I see a set of the CPIs on ebay for sale right now.

sled_guy

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
sledguy have you ever run a set of slp twins for the 800 ves on a 700 ves? I have a set of trail pipes, two into a single can, that I have thought about throwing on an '04 700, what do you think?

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
I have not.

But in 02 SLP sold the same twin pipes for both the 700 and 800. And they currently sell the same single pipe for both motors. When they revised their twins they stopped listing them for the 700, only for the 800.

sled_guy

Premium Features