• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Rmk 800 no lights or hand warmers.

M
Jan 28, 2023
Canada
Hey guys, I’ve read a few threads on this but haven’t been able to find one that ever came to a conclusion as to what the issue was. Headlights and Handlebar warmers are not working. I wiggled a bunch of wires and managed to have them working again, but they went back off after a short ride. I’m assuming poor connection. My question is where that connection might be? If I go unplugging everything I’m bound to do more damage. They’re plugged in behind the switches. Thanks for any advice

Mitch

M
Jan 28, 2023
Canada
Check your capacitor.
Mine would keep blowing head lights and would bog. I changed the capacitor and no more issues.
I don’t think the headlights are blowing because like I said they came back on after I moved some wiring. I’m hoping that someone can point me in the direction of a connector that they both share.

M
Jan 28, 2023
Canada
For anyone with a similar issue in the future, this picture is from a different thread. This plug underneath the a frame had a melted wire. Very subtle, but when I wiggled the wires the light worked again. Hope this helpszF27C2A15-F875-4601-B368-5664CE6EDF02.jpeg

Premium Features