• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

7"+ Of Fresh Pow Pow

B
Well Just got home from Work and Bessemer area has 7+ inches of fresh snow on the ground and still coming down. Will have pictures up in the morning. Should be some excellent riding the next couple of days!!!

Well here are some teasers!!

First pic is the Diesel with the rmk............ Well kinda

And the wifes rig......

101_0512.jpg 101_0513.jpg 101_0505.jpg

H
Sep 2, 2008
Spent the weekend in the Bergland area (with the girls) so it was a slow riding weekend, this monring it was nice to wake up with some snow but only had a little time to ride and then headed home. so tues my buddy and I are going to head to Ironwood, were is the best place to stay? rode thru there but never stayed. how long well it take to ride from Ironwood to Copper Harbor? both my buddy and I have raced the last 3 to 5 years so we ride hard, but we are thinking of riding up staying and coming back the next day, we plan on doing some off trail riding(any good spots)not just doing 80mph all the way up there without stopping. last time we went up to the harbor we ate at this place right on the lake forgot the name and don't know if they have a place to stay. if we go up there were should we stay?

B
There are a few places to stay in Ironwood and 70% of them are really close to the trails (about 1-2 blocks). If you search google and type in "Ironwood MI Hotels" about 10 or so will pop up with the numbers and they each have their own web page. I would say the Americ Inn or Comfort Inn would be the best. Both right next to the trails. If you were to ride from Ironwood MI to Copper Harbor MI I would say 3 hours............ but not 100% on time. Mass City didn't have much snow when I took a run through yesterday, and I don't think they had much if any snow fall. If you wanted to do any powder riding in Bessemer or Ironwood area I know enough areas. I have 120 acres off of Trail # 2 in Bessemer and its a fun little spot. Powerlines run along side of it, Powder trails, a minni hill clim area ( about 250 yards high ).

B
Yeah there are alot of areas but not to many people tend to go off trail. Powerlines are always awesome and the old rail road tracks are fun too. And we have logging trails up the a$$ that people don't ride on that snake all over the place and always have good powder on them.

Trevor83T

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2008
Southeast MN
Sounds like a blast! Me and my dad will be coming up there on Thursday night and staying until Sunday. Hopefully the conditions stay good!

P

pat93fox

Feb 21, 2008
Yeah there are alot of areas but not to many people tend to go off trail. Powerlines are always awesome and the old rail road tracks are fun too. And we have logging trails up the a$$ that people don't ride on that snake all over the place and always have good powder on them.

Are there any issues with landowners if out of towners are riding the logging trails? We are coming up this weekend and I am trying to find some off-trail riding.

B
Most of the time the logging trails up here are owned by larger logging companies not near the area and don't run any equipment, well they do sometimes during the winter but not really. Alot of the logging trails connect to each other and go on for miles around here. I've never had any issues riding the logging roads and trails and there are 0 houses on the roads so no complaints.

Premium Features