• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

600 help needed

S

snowman429

Jan 1, 2008
Rigby, Id
11 600, need some ideas on what to check. Between 5600 and 5900 the sled has a horrible bog, almost like one cylinder quits firing, past that it runs awesome. It was doing it towards the end of last season but it is more noticeable now that I put an slp single on it. I'm going to put on a new fuel filter today but wanted some other ideas. Sled has about 550 miles on it now.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Sorry, 2 injectors to 4. Not exactly sure of the rpm's when the second set kicks in, but you either might be low on fuel flow, or have an injector issue.

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
I would start by checking the tps sensor for a dead spot, especially if it only happens during slow wot pulls, if you haven't checked your throttle body boots... I would for piece of mind, peek at the reeds while your in there.

S

snowman429

Jan 1, 2008
Rigby, Id
It only happens if you hold the throttle in that rpm range. If I stab in from a dead stop I don't notice it. On our last ride it was running like crap most of the day, smoking real bad. Plugs where wet with oil. On our way out of the trees it cleared up stopped smoking and ran fine.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
This isn't the first time I have heard of this symptom getting worse after installing an SLP pipe on a 4 injector 600. First off I would try your stock pipe if you still have it. The other thing you could try would be bypassing the exhaust valve solenoid simply by plugging off the exhaust valves with a pair of vise grips on the trail. The idea here would be to see if it makes the transition part throttle injector/valve opening timing any better.

There is an issue on some of these sleds (CFI-4's) even stock that gets worse with the SLP pipe. Since Polaris claims there are no other mapping alternatives for the 600, it may come down to the only real way to fix the problem is to purchase and install an Power Commander. They are very lean in the mid even with all stock parts.

S

snowman429

Jan 1, 2008
Rigby, Id
Thanks I will try this. I pulled it out of the trailer today and couldnt get it passed 7500 rpm on the stand. I made a couple passes up my road and left a pretty good smoke screen. I did notice it used about half a tank of oil to a little less then half a tank of fuel. Going to figure lout he ratio tomorrow.

C
Dec 16, 2007
11 600, need some ideas on what to check. Between 5600 and 5900 the sled has a horrible bog, almost like one cylinder quits firing, past that it runs awesome. It was doing it towards the end of last season but it is more noticeable now that I put an slp single on it. I'm going to put on a new fuel filter today but wanted some other ideas. Sled has about 550 miles on it now.

My 2010 600 does the exact same thing with a stock exhaust system. Injectors have the correct OHM reading when testing. Any suggestions?

Premium Features