• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

5 nastiest climbs of my life

K

KrazyCanadian

Jan 9, 2008
Castlegar BC
This new KCA 4 Pure adrenaline dvd has the five baddest climbs I've ever done or tried... this weekend I tried 3 and got 2 done... I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad eh??? I tell you this,, MY GOD,,, was with me... I never saw a sled stick the way I stuck it 3 hrs ago.... I'll give my Father in Heaven all the credit.... I'm still a bit scared and pumped... Got the Angry Pirate up Ladybird done yesterday... June snow really sucks to climb in.... way scaryer and tougher than I though it would be... And today I win the Brass Balls award from Dave Knight... I got the Brass Balls chute done, and then came up 25 ft short of the Booly chute... I got $100 bill for anyone to do the Booly chute or the Pure Terror chute... any time any day... show me proof and I 'LL give $100 to anyone to sucessfully climb either of them.... My top five are Pure Terror, Boolly chute, Chute of Terror, Brass Balls and Angry Pirate up Ladybird... All in the new dvd tobe released this summer.... heres some cool pics of the weekend... Thank GOD I still got a sled to hand back to Mainjet... I thought I was spending 7 grand to fix it and give it back still not as nice as it is.... Mainjet m800 with the Twisted race gas kit at 14 lbs boost, does what I like a sled to do..... plus I found a chute up THE BIRD... only a 4 stroke Yamaha with a 174 3 inch track can do... Maybe Irmen, McLearan, Laird, Swenson, could ever do this chute in good March snow.... I don't think a two stroke with anything less than 3 inch paddle could do it.... 2200ft long AND steep for the top 400 ft... I'll call it the 3 inch chute till someone claims it and changes the name..

2011june072.jpg

3 inch chute above

2011june066.jpg

Pure Terror chute above, snows melted slightly since I tried it 5 weeks ago.

2011june069.jpg

top of the Angry Pirate up Ladybird chute

2011june070.jpg

Angry Pirate up Ladybird chute

2011june080.jpg

Boolly chute dedicated in the memory of Mark Boolinoff

2011june088.jpg

Boolly chute

2011june084.jpg

another angle of the Boolly chute

2011june086.jpg

Top of the Brass Balls chute

2011june085.jpg

Brass Balls

2011june081.jpg

I'll agree, I was selfish this weekend.. I never should have taken such a stupid risk... I'm really glad I came home to my family today... Might be time to mellow out and ride like most Father 's do..

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
So then your kids start doing crazier stuff then you do and you get back into it. I am just not THAT into it. Dan, you are nuts! Some day we
will ride together again and I will sit at the bottom and watch and poke at some stuff and be awed by your riding. But even if I had a sex
change, I would never have a set of balls like you.:face-icon-small-win

M
Jun 3, 2010
Wow!

Dan,
Glad you accomplished two out of three climbs planned. That is just nuts, I stare at the mountains and shiver.

Yep, riding like "a normal Dad" isn't a bad thing. Be careful.

K

KrazyCanadian

Jan 9, 2008
Castlegar BC
So then your kids start doing crazier stuff then you do and you get back into it. I am just not THAT into it. Dan, you are nuts! Some day we
will ride together again and I will sit at the bottom and watch and poke at some stuff and be awed by your riding. But even if I had a sex
change, I would never have a set of balls like you.:face-icon-small-win

I never think of myself as having BIG BALLS... I'm more stupid, or foolish,,, EXTREMELY LUCKY and Blessed... It's been sooo much fun ... wow what a great rush when I successfully get er done ..

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
I never think of myself as having BIG BALLS... I'm more stupid, or foolish,,, EXTREMELY LUCKY and Blessed... It's been sooo much fun ... wow what a great rush when I successfully get er done ..

Dan, you are who you are. You have a great zest for life that many of us do not. You look and say I can do that and you do it, while so many
of us say I can't do it, so we do not even try. The greater the risks; the greater the rewards. You are "EXTREMELY LUCKY" and "BLESSED"
though. I know about the "great rush" when I get er done. The rush is the same, but the hill is much smaller.

Being a parent is truely the most awesome thing. Both of my kids are great. Jaci was tough in the teen years, but she has turned out to be
quite the young woman. My son, Mark, is so smart. Still in high school, but I am sure he will be a politician or something really great. They
make us prioritize our lives and even though we crave that rush, we tend to be smarter and more careful how we go about getting it. I love
the saying from Tek Vest, "Because you have to be to work Monday morning". I wear mine and ride smarter because of this. I have to provide
for my family and be there for them, but I still need to ride for myself. It is a constant balancing act.

Be careful, ride smart, but ride for yourself, and definitely come home.

Last edited:

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Dan. You are out of your damn mind! Nice climbs!
byeatts... sorry that your gf only has one headlight!

Premium Features