• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3" track 8 tooth driver can u get away with it?

B

bigstick

Dec 27, 2011
Liberty SK
I just put a 3" track on my sled and I should of put a 7 tooth driver on but never. Will I have enough clearance on my cooler? I have just over a 1/4" of room between the two. Is this enough? Does anyone have a 7 tooth around?

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
It'll work just fine with your 8 tooth drivers.
The only issue I have yet to find with the 3 inch on stock drivers is how hard it is to take drivers out when you need to take apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

bigstick

Dec 27, 2011
Liberty SK
Thanks for the info. I was planing on leaving the track a little tighter. It was kinda a pain in the but to put on to.

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yes, it will work, plenty of us running 8t's....I hope I never have to take them out though!

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
For less than $300 Cdn for a shaft and driver kit from Cat I'm not sure why you wouldn't do it. People don't leave 8t drivers in cause they work better, it's a cost thing. Will they work? Sure, lots have. But with the benefits of lowered gearing and less strain on the driveline and clutching, the clearance is more like an added bonus to me. 2015's come with 7t clearly for gearing and belt life as it's the same track as '14's.

B

bigstick

Dec 27, 2011
Liberty SK
I am going to try and find some 7 t drivers tomorrow some where in Saskatchewan. And for everyone that left the 8t drivers in it is a serious pain in the butt to get them out with the 3" track installed. We cut two strips of light tin and ran them in with the track over the driver knobs. Then you have to get your big hammer out and a crow bar. It's not fun I invented lots of new swear words.

Premium Features