• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 Summit 850 Turbo temp sensor?

2024 Summit Expert 850 Turbo. Zero rides on it. Throwing a code. Temperature reading is bouncing from -40 to +50 and sled is in limp mode. Pulled the hood to inspect. Coolant temp sensor that threads into the top of the cyl head is plugged in and the connection appears ok. I'll throw a new sensor in a try again. Anyone else seen/heard of this on '24's or am I the lucky one?

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
I had this issue on my 20.5 gen 4 turbo. It threw code P0116.

I was able to find one of the two wires on that temp sensor had broken right at the male end of the plug.

First time I fixed it I disassembled the connector and soldered the wire back to the cylinder that goes into the plug. This only worked for half a season before it broke again. The wire is super tight in there, there’s not a lot to work with.

I just fixed it again, this time I had some extra 2 plug waterproof connectors laying around that were exactly the same as what that temp sensor uses. Pulled the old male plug off and replaced it while giving me a bunch of extra wire so it’s not as tight and hopefully doesn’t break from vibration again. 🤞🤞

New sensor is probably the best solution but both times I’ve fixed it, I was trying to ride the next day, and where it was just a broken wire I didn’t think it was too big of deal 🤷‍♂️

The plug I’m referring to is right behind and to the left of the steering column on the engine.

P
Feb 4, 2008
Cle Elum, WA
I am not sure if this is the same thing but I know when I unplug the air intake temp sensor on the polaris it goes straight to -40. I would assume you have a broken wire like stated above or a bad sensor.

Premium Features