• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 RMK EVO

law.74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 16, 2017
I simply do not understand why any manufacturer is still making carbeurated sleds.

Wouldn’t the axys 600 have been a better platform?!

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Ehh, you really don't lose much, if any power with carburetors if you jet it right. You will be down a little if you just jet for the coldest and lowest elevation it'll ever see; not having to change anything to get peak power is the biggest advantage of EFI to my mind. Fuel economy is a little lower, but then you can run cheap oil and gas without too many worries. My old sled (carbs) runs fine and gives me no more trouble than the "new" one. Carbs make sense for what the EVO is. From the beginning, the EVO has been milquetoast, but it's enough for most kids starting off. I kinda wish they'd make budget 600, liquid cooled, carbs and reeds, but non-VES, for around 90HP. It probably wouldn't sell enough to be worth the effort though.

alorenzanthony

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2011
Bottineau ND
I simply do not understand why any manufacturer is still making carbeurated sleds.

Wouldn’t the axys 600 have been a better platform?!

I thought the same I bought a 23 evo rmk for my 9 year old and it is awesome switch thumb throttle to the rmk version for full engine power put chris burandt boards, and led bulbs on it left speed governor on for now. He loves it

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
I bought a 23 Evo RMK for my 9 yr old daughter and put Axys take-off shocks front and rear and dropped rear skid to get it up to same as Pro height off snow. We don't have much for groomed high speed trails so snow clearance is priority. She loves it although it is a big change from her 200 from last year and she is more bagged from riding at the end of the day. She adamantly won't go back though. This sled will be good for a few years for her. Have all the other upgrade parts ready for when she is.

law.74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 16, 2017
I’m not going to argue against the concept of a sled a kid can grow into. I just sold a highly modified Evo trading up to a 650 Khaos.

I’m confused by and annoyed with Polaris keeping the pro chassis alive (mostly due to carbs) and killing the axys.

An Evo based on the axys 600 would have been a much better sled and I wouldn’t have replaced it.

My $0.02

Premium Features