• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 Matryx Boost track creeping. Normal?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
End result was shimming the primary stopped the track from spinning. Polaris acknowledged there were sleds out there the same as mine and dealers would be sent information on the fix. Disappointed they couldn't get this right from the factory. I'm picking up the sled tomorrow.
Thanks for everyone who advice.
My guess is you meant shimming the secondary. There’s no place in the primary to shim.

D

dsimon900kk

Mar 10, 2008
Here is what was done to my sled. If you look at the parts diagram a shim was added behind the spider and before the spacer.
That came from the service manager as directed by Polaris. Additionally, my brothers 2023 boost Assault showed up last week and the creep problem is even worse on his sled.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Here is what was done to my sled. If you look at the parts diagram a shim was added behind the spider and before the spacer.
That came from the service manager as directed by Polaris. Additionally, my brothers 2023 boost Assault showed up last week and the creep problem is even worse on his sled.
Thanks.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I’m confused help me out here. They added another #14.
It would be great to have a P22 that has a tight belt to sheave.E865BE1E-FBFB-4BB0-A376-589BB479558A.jpeg

Last edited:
D

dsimon900kk

Mar 10, 2008
I’m confused help me out here. They added another #14.
It would be great to have a P22 that has a tight belt to sheave.View attachment 395999
There was a shim added between 12 & 13 from what the service manager told me. As mentioned above, my bothers boost assault arrived and was creeping worse than mine and Polaris went a different route - they are sending an adjuster bolt for his secondary. We've searched all over the various matryx sites and can't seem to find more with the same issue.

D

dsimon900kk

Mar 10, 2008
Now they are saying there was another washer added next to 14 between the bushing and bearing.
Being in the midwest this is the first our dealer came across the new P22 clutch.

O

onetwothreego

Apr 20, 2022
Ontario
You don’t want to either.?
Without a way to adjust belt to sheave. A 47C or 47R (.030” wider)belt will help close up the belt to sheave measurement and get you a little gear down. The 47 belts are .190” longer, and that will put the belt further out in the secondary.
Which belt is a 47C or 47R?

O

onetwothreego

Apr 20, 2022
Ontario
My assault boost had 0 belt to sheave. I added 0.020" washer in 13 roller asm(set #13 roller in fixed sheave, added 0.020" on top).

What I do like about P22 vs P85 is the bushings are a better( tighter) tolerance then P85. No slop

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
The p85 has belt deflection to keep the secondary from closing all the way and tightening the belt smart ass. P22 has no belt deflection so belt is pulled much tighter hence the bearing with bearing seized they kill a pro xp 220hp motor and squeel so yeah it would squel unlike on a p85.

Chilly, can you please decipher this emotional word salad?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I just know how to ride Rusty. I don't know how to set them up. You are the resident keyboard jockey who knows how to set up a sled up but doesn't know how to ride one ??‍♂️

Hook, line, sinkah, and boat anchor. Fish on. You forgot to mention many of my other fails “you know” I own.
Comprehension skills seem to match your self admitted lack of set up skills. You’re not having any fun Chilly.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Hook, line, sinkah, and boat anchor. Fish on. You forgot to mention many of my other fails “you know” I own.
Comprehension skills seem to match your self admitted lack of set up skills. You’re not having any fun Chilly.
Picking on you is like picking on the handicap kid that rides the short bus. It's not fun. You really bring nothing to the table.

Premium Features