• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 Matryx Boost track creeping. Normal?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I haven’t held a p-22 clutch in my paws yet but I believe there is no belt to sheave adjustment.
You don’t want to either.?
Without a way to adjust belt to sheave. A 47C or 47R (.030” wider)belt will help close up the belt to sheave measurement and get you a little gear down. The 47 belts are .190” longer, and that will put the belt further out in the secondary.

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
Just like the p85 center of clutch that spins with engine rpm……….

They squeel all the time ?
The p85 has belt deflection to keep the secondary from closing all the way and tightening the belt smart ass. P22 has no belt deflection so belt is pulled much tighter hence the bearing with bearing seized they kill a pro xp 220hp motor and squeel so yeah it would squel unlike on a p85.

T
Dec 19, 2007
The track is spinning well beyond typical creep. Fast enough you wouldn't want to put your foot on it.
I was leaning towards the alignment being off and I forwarded what madmax had wrote to my dealer.
I also have an alignment bar coming from TRS. Over a week into it with no solution offered from Polaris.
Thanks everyone.
I heard this from someone else that got his 137" Boost VR1. Belt to sheave clearance is arguably too tight - and there is no adjustment in the primary to change that. Basically have to wait for the belt to wear? I think this is a P22 issue others will observe since the belt to sheave is so tight its still grabbing the belt and the bearing isn't doing its intended job.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I would very very surprised if the belt to shive clearance is to tight on a p22. Its probably an alignment issue. My boost alignment was out .090"

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
The p85 has belt deflection to keep the secondary from closing all the way and tightening the belt smart ass. P22 has no belt deflection so belt is pulled much tighter hence the bearing with bearing seized they kill a pro xp 220hp motor and squeel so yeah it would squel unlike on a p85.
caught a live one.

all for suggesting the op check how easily the bearing spins.

T
Dec 19, 2007
I would very very surprised if the belt to shive clearance is to tight on a p22. Its probably an alignment issue. My boost alignment was out .090"
I think they are all over the board, but easy to check belt to sheave clearance with a set of feeler gauges in order to potentially determine where to start for a solution....

C
Dec 14, 2020

That was almost a coherent thought.

I think you missed the mark though. I'm not 100% as my head hurts trying to wrap my mind around your run on sentence.

He was saying the clutch will squeal with a seized bearing. I doubt it would kill the motor as it won't have any clamping force on the belt. It'll just sit and burn the inside of the belt.

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
That was almost a coherent thought.

I think you missed the mark though. I'm not 100% as my head hurts trying to wrap my mind around your run on sentence.

He was saying the clutch will squeal with a seized bearing. I doubt it would kill the motor as it won't have any clamping force on the belt. It'll just sit and burn the inside of the belt.
It does kill the motor in the sxs using the p22 clutch sometimes. This is not speculation i have seen it multiple times. That was the pro xp 220hp comment. I stated that if it did have a seized bearing it would squel. Sheetmetalfab stated it wouldn't because a p85 doesn't squel. I was saying a p85 doesn't squel because it has a belt deflection adjuster keeping the belt from being super tight like it is on the p22.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
It does kill the motor in the sxs using the p22 clutch sometimes. This is not speculation i have seen it multiple times. That was the pro xp 220hp comment. I stated that if it did have a seized bearing it would squel. Sheetmetalfab stated it wouldn't because a p85 doesn't squel. I was saying a p85 doesn't squel because it has a belt deflection adjuster keeping the belt from being super tight like it is on the p22.
You caught me.

First comment was a legitimate suggestion to the OP.

Contextually my first suggestion should have stated “sticky” bearing instead of “seized” bearing.

After your first run on statement.
I was just trolling you.

(Still am, don’t “squel” too loud)

Last edited:
S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
You caught me.

First comment was a legitimate suggestion to the OP.

Contextually my first suggestion should have stated “sticky” bearing instead of “seized” bearing.

After your first run on statement full of misspellings……
I was just trolling you.

(Still am, don’t “squel” too
Haha not sure why my phone was correcting to "squel" and I wasn't exactly proof reading.

D

dsimon900kk

Mar 10, 2008
End result was shimming the primary stopped the track from spinning. Polaris acknowledged there were sleds out there the same as mine and dealers would be sent information on the fix. Disappointed they couldn't get this right from the factory. I'm picking up the sled tomorrow.
Thanks for everyone who advice.

Premium Features